5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What would you ask for it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Default What would you ask for it?

Hey guys, been awhile. I've been really busy so I hav'ent been around for awhile.I hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to sell the ole 5.0. I'm gonna try to get outta debt by selling it and buying a truck.Then im gonna try to pay off all my debts. Then gonna buy a 03 cobra this spring hopefully. What should I ask for it?? I'll list all my mods below. thanks for any help.

95 GT 5 spd.
DRivetrain:
tremec 3550 trans, alum driveshaft, 3:73 rear gear, steeda triax shifter and centerforce clutch. upr adjustable clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster.

Engine:
347 stroker w/ 9000 miles.
Edelbrock Victor Jr. heads and rpm II intake
E 303 cam, 11.1 compression
all forged internals, ross flat top pistons, eagle rods and crank.
comp cams hardened pushrods and crane cam alum 1.6 rockers.
edelbrock 70mm Throtle body and 75mm pro M bullet maf.
bbk cold air fender kit.
255lph fuel pump and 24lb injectors.
new 200 amp alternator
new optima red top battery.

Suspension:
lakewood 50/50R and 70/30F shocks/struts.
also have UPR adjustable u/l control arms and kenny brown weld in subframes that arent installed.
Eibach sportline springs.

Interior:
new JDM black leather racing seats.
all black interior.
leather rear seat is black also.
everything else stock inside.

Exterior:
cobra r hood and cobra front bumper.
Saleen side skirts and rear bumper.
18x9front and 18x10 rear, bullet style chrome wheels.
Black paint job. Having it painted to sell right now so it comes with new paint.

Also have bbk adjustable fpr not installed.
If i've lfet anything out I'll add it later.

Just wondering what I should ask for it. Thanks guys. It has 140,000 on car and 9000 on all the mods.
Only thing it needs is the A/C recharged. A dyno tune would be the next thing I was going to do and would really make it run.
Never had it dynoed and it's never been to the track. But it will run door to door with a 2002 vette and will leave a 97 cobra in the dust so it's pretty fast.
I have 15k invested in mods alone.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:24 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What would you ask for it?

I'm gonna do you a favor and take it off your hands for $5. No need to thank me. I'm just here to help
Old 08-19-2006, 11:30 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

I cant let her go that cheap man, but thanks anyways Im going to try and seel it at the rod run in gatlinburg tenn. in sept. I have to fix the tps sensor and paint it before then, thats the only things wrong with it. It's really stout. i bet it would run low 12's at least on slicks.I dread selling it badly but its the only way I see myself getting out of debt.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:22 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Man...no one wants to answer this since its a badd azz car and you have put lots of time and $$ on it.

I would get my feelings hurt but I will tell you without seeing it in person and you having all the mods............I would offer 10K for it.......

If you get a Mustand Guy who doesn't want to build his own car..................my $.02
Old 08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I would say he could get more than 10k for it, but I guess it depends on the area. I would have no problems paying 12k or even 13k for it if I didn't have my own toy already. Of course...like you said... nobody ever wants to hear such a number when so much money was dupmed into it. But it happens to us all eventually.

Others may disagree, but personally I see no issues asking $12k or so for it with all the mods.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:31 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

yea it does all depend on where you live and who comes to heck it out. on something like that its all in the eye of the beholder how much its worth. but like said i would start at least at 12k when you try and sell it. you could always lower it but its kinda hard to raise the price.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:31 AM
mrbigshot
3rd Gear Member

mods dont add much to resale. $8500 would be my guess. a general rule of thumb is if you see 40% of your investment you are doing good.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

I would keep it. There are other ways to pay off your debts. A very good friend of mine recently sold his procharged 347 95gt, it was a consistant 11' sec car. He sold it because he and his fiancee are exspecting a baby. He's had that car since he was 15 and me and him have done everything to it. But he sold it for 12K but the guy that came to look at it nit-picked him on everything. Like it had a blown intake gasket between his upper and lower (big deal). Then the back seat had a slight little tear in it. And he ended up letting it go for like 9K....that was a total steal on that. Thats why im voting for you to just keep it. Worth more in the long run and you'll regret it forever.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:04 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I would try to get it over by a military place like Ft. Campbell or something to sell it. Peeps at those rod runs are after early cars that have $50K+ in them that they can get for $20K.....
Lots of military guys are into Mustangs and I think you should market it around there......
No less then 10K.......
Old 08-20-2006, 04:51 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Yea the part that sucks is that I'll never get half of whatput into it. I realize that, but I'm gonna start around 13-15k and see what happens. Hope for the best and if it dont sell there i might go ahead and keep it. I wouldnt mind taking a partial trade on a good truck either. But if I sell it I will definetly buy a 03 cobra. It just seems like Im always broke because i sink my $$ into the car. I look back and im like, wow. Its hard to believe ive come this far with it. I remember when i wished for all the stuff it has now. Cabt believe i got it there. Sucks i have to let it go also. I want to seel it out of town also just so i dont have to see someone else driving it. I was just wondering what a good asking price would be so I dont over or underprice it. I know I cant get what id wish from it, but i hate to get ripped also. I appreciate the help so far guys.