5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Well, f*ckin A.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:56 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

Default Well, f*ckin A.

Well i took my car for a little ride. First time ive driven it in a week. I just put a new battery in it, i cracked the case on my Optima Yellow top, if fell off the chair i had it sitting on and cracked the case on it, so i got a Eveready battery from Wal-mart. But like i was saying, i took it out for a spin and when i got back, one of the lids had popped up a little bit and the acid water had sprayed all over my engine, it got all over my Typhoon intake and Ford Racing valve covers, i washed them off with some carb cleaner and a rag, all my wiring is fine, i got it off of the wiring first thing, my plug wires have little divets in them from where the little droplets sat, but now my question is, there are like stains on the metal now and it isnt coming out. So am i going to have to buff it out, or can i get it out at all? I was thinking of taking some scotch pads and going over the valve covers and intake and then trying to buff them back out.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Well, f*ckin A.

I would think that you might just have to buff it out... but dont take my word for it [&:]
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

Yea thats what im thinking..but im pretty pissed this battery did this. Any one want to take a guess as to guy it did this? Cause the m*ther f*cker is going back to Wally world tomorrow. This pisses me off. I jut put some 10.5mm Taylor wires on this damn thing and now they're all eaten up, not to mention the expensive *** valve covers and my intake i just polished a month ago.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:17 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

that sucks bad as hell..... if it makes you feel better my cats are bad and I was saving up for a blower and now I have to spend it on a h pipe [:@]
Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

that sucks bad as hell..... if it makes you feel better my cats are bad and I was saving up for a blower and now I have to spend it on a h pipe [:@]
Nah...its doesnt. It makes me feel worse, cause i was saving up for some AFR 185's for my new 308 and i had to spend it all to. I had to get new tires on my Ford Explorer cause my girl just started school again and i didnt want her driving with a bald tire...so there goes $490 of my $550 i had saved. [] Oh well...i guess ill start putting my money back in the freezer again. [&o]
Old 08-21-2006, 06:23 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, I know how that is. Its always something! I have a 2000 Intrepid thats my DD thats just going to poop now!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:33 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

DD's suck, on one hand theyre good because they save money on gas and its a nicer ride, but the money you sink into them all the time sucks.

Im just still pissed about the damn battery, im still wondering why it did that...it was making like a hissing sound and bubbles were coming out all around one of the caps on top of the battery where you add water and it musta had some pressure behind it because it shot out all under the cowl part of my fiberglass hood and all the way over to the passenger fender well and it also got onto my BBK CAI tubing. Did it overheat or something? My first thought was maybe the water reached boiling temp and pressure built up, but how hot can it get? My car was running about a little under 200* that day. But i mean the under hood temps were regular, nothing more nothing less than usual.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:38 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

yea, it shouldnt of exploded like that... no reason for it too. It should withstand those temperatures with ease.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:42 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

IM going to get another one. I was also pretty pissed when my yellow top busted. That was an expensive battery to.

Im taking it back and getting another one tomorrow.

Id still like to know what happened so if anyone knows, tell me.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

your taking back the yellow top?