5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Kids, Cops, and a 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Steakburger
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Kids, Cops, and a 5.0

Get older.

Sorry, that's the only way.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:23 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: whiteout 5.0

My mom (a corrections officer *guard* at a local jail) and my mustang. I just got my license, got popped for driving without a license when installing my T/F intake kit and T/B. Wasnt my fault, got no points, blamed mom for not getting license. I bought an exellent radar detector off ebay and i woke up to my radar detector going off in my moms bedroom(she took it away). Insurance on the thing is insane in jersey. 2800k I'm 17 and my mom just registerd my bronco2 (slow guzzles gas like a Atlantic City hooker guzzles...anyway how do all you PRO'S dodge the 5-0 with your 5.0? I'm soo sick of getting followd by state troopers for miles at night even during the day time. Makes me wanna shoot out their tires. WTF! My friends tell me it's cuz im spanish. But im as white as the paint on my car. I don't even drive like an idiot! (I rarely speed except when im goin light for light. I'm 17 with a provisional license ( 2 ppl max in the car, cant drive after midnight all that b.s.). There's gotta be a better way I've put every dollar in this thing since it sat in my driveway at 15.

F*** THE PO-LICE

So let me get this straight. You're busting on the cops for doing their job and they caught you doing something stupid w/ no licence. Is that correct?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 AM
ridebmx4140
1st Gear Member

yea dude i kinda have to agree that its bull**** i mean im 19 and i live in the northwest suburbs of chicago and the cops in MY town (north riverside) are cool as hell cuz they who i am but when i go driving around in other towns the cops are always following me. especially at night. and yes, nthonydalrymple is right about the product stickers. also the bright red paint and flowmaster 40s on my car dont really help either. but u just have to learn when u have to drive normal and when u can have some fun. i kno, u guys thing this is coming from some 19 year old punk, but ive been delivering pizzas ever since i turned 17, 5 nights a week for 6 hours every day and i dont mean to brag but i think i got a lil bit more experience than an average 19 year old. ha i remember i got pulled over once for some stupid **** and the cop was cool he walked around the car, looked at it all the way around and said "this is EXACTLY the kind of car the cops watch out for. just some advice for the future." it was pretty funny
Old 08-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Arrid Extra Dry
2nd Gear Member

lol
Old 08-22-2006, 01:08 AM
95GrandTouring5.0
1st Gear Member

You were driving without a license. You should of never been behind that wheel unless you had a learners permit and a adult in the car. You got what you asked for on that one. Maybe mom wanted to hold you back on your license because you did stuff like that? You are trying to tell us that you are very responsible, but yet you still drove without a license. That is like saying " No officer those burn out marks aren't from me even though my tires are still smoking.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:34 AM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

okay okay i get the point comon now i had 1500 dollars in engine mods alone and never tested the damn thing out. my mom wouldnt let me drive the car so one nite after a scion tc drove by with a 3 and a half inch tin can muffler and the intake that makes it sounds like its runnin boost sped by at about 60 pulled a u turn and revs up in front of my house. Sure it was wrong taking the car and following the guy trying to impress the girl i was with at the time but it never would of happend if my mom had let me get the license. But either way, its my fault...sorry guys just venting. That happend last year im over that. My point is present day as we speak why are the tin can ricers with the n.o.s. bumperstickers that supposedly make it go fast almost never get caught speeding? Harleys too wtf is the motivation behind that obnoxious sound? They don't deserve to be loud. if i ran straight headers id be a jerkoff. But why should they?. There's no reason for them to be loud and they never get pulled over and they make twice as much sound rowing through the gears with their heads bobbin up and down between gear shifts is a lot more dramatic than me doing 5 over and getting a ticket for unclear plates. Not cool. Not my fault he couldnt see the temporary tags through the tinted window and the cj pony across the back window. I drive safe and I get s***. fines and court costs take away from money that can be well spent under the hood.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:26 AM
thormx902y
1st Gear Member

idn dude im 17 with a black 5.0lx with a set bbk shortys 2.5 offroad h pipe n 40 series dual chambers n its loud n i just shift it at like 1500 wen their around...theres a time and a place to open her up n if u dont no that place or time then ur gonna get snagged..jsutdrive cool thate cars a bad *** car u dont wanna go to fast so ppl cant c it
Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Unknown
2nd Gear Member

i'm only 17 and this is my second mustang i've bought, first was 99v6 current is a 94 gt vert with a rebuilt 306, the car is red with no mufflers straight cats with side exhaust this car is toooo loud but i've never been pulled over or followed, its all how the car is driven not whose driving it or what kinda car it is. Drive slow and responsibly and u won't even have to worry about the police.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:27 AM
89hatch6smt
2nd Gear Member

When I ran my stang on the street I had straight pipes that dumped in front of the rear wheels and I never got pulled over I have sat next to cops at a red light and had them just look over and nod and go on about there business at 17 years there is no reason you should be trying to race people on the street anyway you don’t have enough seat time to risk your or anyone’s else’s safety doing that [