5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

edelbrock performer rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

Default edelbrock performer rpm

im having issues trying to to figure it out, i think im missing some stuff. or something, anybody else got an edelbrock performer rpm intake?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:49 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: edelbrock performer rpm

i just got an edelbrock performer intake but its not a rpm and i havent installed it yet...[&o]
Old 08-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

man it didnt come with instructions or anything all i have is a bag full of screws, bolts, adapters, and im confused?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:57 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

ahahhaahahha..sorry dude that totally sounds funy but i know its not. Thats how i got mine too. Im gona try and figure it out in about a month ill be doing that and headers and new o rings and cleaning my fuel injectors, etc., etc. all at once. hoping to get a descent upgrade when im done.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:59 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

you might wana pm grabbem i know hes got the edelbrock rpm intake and he has already installed his at least one time.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:25 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

...three times to be exact........whatchya need?...need pics?...the most critical part is the pcv splash plate that goes on your lower intake....i forgot to put mine on (wondered why i flew through)...i don't use any emision stuff so i can tell ya what needs to be plugged.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:21 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Call up Edelbrock and get directions from them!

Its OK I am going to have the same problem. I baught my TF manifold off a friend of mine with no bolts, etc. I had to go on Summit and buy the installation kit for the manifold and gaskets. But its just a bunch of bolts, etc. that I have no clue what they are for. I would call edelbrock and have them fax/email you directions. Im sure they wouldnt have a problem with that.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:07 PM
kevinas1214
2nd Gear Member

Dude I did order the same intake from Blue oval and it was called the Thyphoon but it is the same Shi*. On mine i had to get vacuum hose 1/4" and some 3/8" plugs for the unused holes in the back of the upper intake and on the lower intake front. It was a real nightmare and took us two days and some time to figure out. Make sure to be careful on how you get those bolts out and how you put on the gasket for the lower intake! I broke one off in the block, but was lazy and left it as it was>

I did notice a good increase in upper rpm power and feel good about my purchase

**(*& oh and if you have a sn95 you will need the adapter for the tb and a die grinder
Old 08-27-2006, 11:05 PM
thedude
1st Gear Member

man, I've got one. Its the Performer II. Same problem, bad instructions. Anyways to make a long story short, calling edelbrock won't help. I was very unimpressed with their customer service. They basically told me to figure it out for myself. The one good piece of info I did get from them is "a vaccum is a vaccum is a vaccum". By that they mean, all of those plugs and adapters, hoses, etc... you can arrange in more or less any way you want. One guy did tell me that I need to connect the pcv valve to a vaccum along the neck of the upper manifold. Aside from that the other vaccum lines can go anywhere.

Also, most of the bolts except for the bolts which hold the upper to the lower, you need to recycle from your old manifold. This includes the bolts that hold the throttle body and spacer, lower manifold bolts, and fuel rail bolts, to mention a few. Another note, the bolts that held my fuel rail assembly were a little big for the new lower manifold. Needless to say I broke off one of the bolts into the lower manifold. This led to a lot of frustration, and to say the least, I will probably not buy any more edelbrock parts.

Another also, but I guess this goes without saying, change the fuel rail o rings, and fuel injector o rings .

Good luck.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
fordboyyfm
2nd Gear Member

hell, i bought a victor efi manifold set off ebay, tried to set it on the motor im getting ready to drop in a car soon and it wont even fit, its maybe 3/8" off of the heads, the manifold hits the little rails on the heads right by the valve covers. But ill wait till the new heads come in to worry about that.