5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My car is jealous...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:54 PM
EADracing93
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My car is jelous...

hey man, just remember your not invencable when on a bike... i lost 2 freinds to bike accidents. one had just gotten the bike 2 monts before he lost it and the other had his for 6 months... both of em said they would never get into an accident becuase theyre being carefull. not tryin to rain on your new bike just letting you know. it is a bad *** bike tho by the way love the black and red.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
5.0coupe
3rd Gear Member

nice bike,, better car
Old 08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

hey man, just remember your not invencable when on a bike... i lost 2 freinds to bike accidents. one had just gotten the bike 2 monts before he lost it and the other had his for 6 months... both of em said they would never get into an accident becuase theyre being carefull. not tryin to rain on your new bike just letting you know. it is a bad *** bike tho by the way love the black and red.
very true, within 6 mos of me getting my bike i had about 4 people run stop signs and almost hit me. had i not been paying careful attention i would have gotten run over.[:@]

i tried to get a CBRR but i got quoted 500$ a month for insurance. what are you paying blacksnake?
here we dont have to have insurance if you have a bike unless you are financing one, then its a ton. But i guess they just figure if you got a bike then either your not gona do much damage to a vehicle or if your going that fast to cause significant damage to the other vehicle, then youre prolly gonna be dead.[&o]

You can never be too careful on a bike. I dont do wheelies or stoppies anywhere there is ANY traffic possibilities, just not my cup of tea i guess... only f its in front of friends where theres no cars around.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Impaying 500 a month for insurance and bike payments, the bike was sold to me for 9,330.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:08 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: Black Snake

Impaying 500 a month for insurance and bike payments, the bike was sold to me for 9,330.
That's alotta mod money right there!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

I was going to buy a gixer 750 but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to get a mustang I think I made a better choice
Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Nice bike Snake. And I'm glad you didn't go the fool route--getting a ZX14 or Gixxer1000 as your first bike. I used to ride with jokers like that, and watched them tumble into flames all around me. I rode bikes for six years as my main source of transportation--I didn't even have a car. I used to ride the infamous Ortega Highway in SoCal three times a week (as it's less than 2 miles from my house). About a thousand bikes pounded that road every weekend. The locals said that every weekend, at least one person died on a bike. I personally saw the aftermath of a bad accident, including a helmet laying on the ground with grey matter in it. My advice--if this is your first bike--have the mentality that everyone on the road is out to kill you. Also, no matter how good you think you are, don't ride after drinking any amount of alcohol. I think that's the only way I survived my romance with bikes. Having said that, enjoy your new machine. CBRs are good reliable bikes. Although my next bike will be an R1
Old 08-26-2006, 10:20 PM
97 5.0L
3rd Gear Member

grats man!! I have a yamaha R1 but you never lose the love for your mustang
Old 08-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Incidentally, when my son was born, I sold my modified 86 Gixxer (which I built from the frame up) to buy my GT. Although I miss the thing, I'm glad to be on four wheels again.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: Black Snake

That's alotta mod money right there!!!
I honesty dont know what else to do with my car as far as modding. Im already pushing the motor to its max and ive already got some money invested in traction.
IE. Control arms, and Welded on subframes. Im not going to do the brakes just yet ima wait until my tires wear out and switch to 5 lugs rims.

Quick Reply: My car is jealous...