5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

New tires!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New tires!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: silver91gt

I dont think treadlife and sticky tires go with each other, you have to comprimise one to get the other,
Ok I'll call bullshyt here! I have a set of Nittos. On the car for about 10K. Still have some tread left, work well on the street and fair for the track. It is a good all around tire!!! They will by far out last and other drag radial out there. Yes, not as sticky, but they will last!!!
Some tread left? I good tire should last 30-40K miles... of course most on these forums arent old enuf to have experienced this phonaminom (sp)...
Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 PM
fordracing1122
2nd Gear Member

BFGoodrich all the way! The BFG KDW 2's are hella good! Also the KDW sport...
Old 08-28-2006, 11:35 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: randy78045

I dont think treadlife and sticky tires go with each other, you have to comprimise one to get the other,
Ok I'll call bullshyt here! I have a set of Nittos. On the car for about 10K. Still have some tread left, work well on the street and fair for the track. It is a good all around tire!!! They will by far out last and other drag radial out there. Yes, not as sticky, but they will last!!!
Some tread left? I good tire should last 30-40K miles... of course most on these forums arent old enuf to have experienced this phonaminom (sp)...
Show me a dr that will last that long. Stop drinkin" son. It's killin' what's left of your brain cells!!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 AM
90GTRagtop
2nd Gear Member

I like my BF Goodrich Traction TA H Rated tires. Stock car, AOD, original wheels, daily driver. They stick like glue wet or dry, and so far the tread life looks good. They are rated at either 40K or 50K miles I belive. They ride good and hold great. My old tires would break loose if it looked like it might rain, but these have held well, even on a road with an inch or two of water in a heavy downpour. I don't race it or run that hard (Except for that guy the other day in a 2.3L LX, what the heck was he thinkin). But occasionally they do get pressed a little when I run an emergency call, and I've really liked them. They stick well during acceleration and cornering. Note that the tread pattern on the H and V rated is different than on the standard S rated tires. The H and V pattern is directional, but for me that wasn't a problem, as I always rotate radials front to rear anyway. They weren't too expensive, I got a set of 4 for around $360 a few months ago.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:55 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Show me a dr that will last that long. Stop drinkin" son. It's killin' what's left of your brain cells!!
I wasnt talkin aboot drag radials... the question if youre not to smoked out was... sticky vs. mile..... [&:]

Having said that, stop calling me son.... or i'll have ta kill my mother... [:@]
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 AM
HuntMarsh
1st Gear Member

i've had a really good experience with my sumitomo HTR+'s. sears has a good deal on em too. if you're looking for a street tire with some stick.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:04 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HuntMarsh

i've had a really good experience with my sumitomo HTR+'s. sears has a good deal on em too. if you're looking for a street tire with some stick.
boo... boycot sears..... [sm=boosign.gif]
Old 08-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Dath
2nd Gear Member

If grabbing is your main concern then you want drag radials. Only drive mine for fun and my dr's are holding up great. Nitto 555r drags with Nitto 450 extremes up front.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 AM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

i ride on rims. tires are over rated. grab your donut tire. steal your friends donut. and do a donut, you wanna talk about smokey burnouts? try it.
but seriously cinsidering i have some yokohama's from like the 80's on my 87 abd goodfyears out back idk they were on the car years ago when i got it there bald and dryrotted so i let air out to counterbalance the fact that their bald and dont get traction. works great!
Old 08-30-2006, 06:28 AM
OJMiles
3rd Gear Member

I used to have Yokohama AVS ES100s on my Integra when I was into imports and they were some damn good tires for the money... Thats probably what i'll go with for my street tires then just get a set of MT DRs for the track.

-- ojm

Quick Reply: New tires!!!!!!!!!