5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

X-Pipe Suggestions

Old 08-30-2006, 08:54 PM
leadfootdriver
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X-Pipe Suggestions

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

How do you figure X pipes are "much" better than an h pipe. Are you talking sound or performance?

The performance is very minimal... definetly not noticable. And as for sound, thats a personal opinion.
I'll put it to you this way; and maybe all X's are not created equal. But I ran BBK longtubes with the matching off road H pipe for about 5 years. Then I welded in a Dr. Gas X pipe, and I was shredding my tires much more. The seat of the pants was noticeable, the top end was more crisp. Plus the sound was smoother, and quieter. My motor positively runs harder with my Dr. Gas X. All I changed was the mid pipe. I still have the same headers now with 6 years on them.

If you think H's are better, then that's fine. What do I care what you think? Are you the spokesman for H pipes or something? I get no favors by telling everyone that X's are better.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:08 AM
00V6Power826
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scout2232

I got a BBK X-pipe with Flows on it (no cats). It doesn't crackle or pop like you think it would sound like. I get looks from people all the time, everyone that rides in it or sees me drive by always gives me a thumbs up or says nice car etc. It does sound really good tho, I definitely recommend a new midpipe anyway, be it H or X, it just gives it that extra umphh.
What flowmasters mufflers do you have? and Long tube or short tube headers? Does anyone have a bassani? That's what i'm goin with but no one seems to have one or heard one on a 5.0
Old 08-31-2006, 01:11 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

just wondering... why not the H-pipe?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:14 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: leadfootdriver

How do you figure X pipes are "much" better than an h pipe. Are you talking sound or performance?

The performance is very minimal... definetly not noticable. And as for sound, thats a personal opinion.
I'll put it to you this way; and maybe all X's are not created equal. But I ran BBK longtubes with the matching off road H pipe for about 5 years. Then I welded in a Dr. Gas X pipe, and I was shredding my tires much more. The seat of the pants was noticeable, the top end was more crisp. Plus the sound was smoother, and quieter. My motor positively runs harder with my Dr. Gas X. All I changed was the mid pipe. I still have the same headers now with 6 years on them.

If you think H's are better, then that's fine. What do I care what you think? Are you the spokesman for H pipes or something? I get no favors by telling everyone that X's are better.
LoL Easy Turbo!!! I guess everyone should get an X pipe now [&:]
Old 08-31-2006, 01:16 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00V6Power826

Will flowmaster 1 chambers sound good with an x-pipe? Would it pop and crack a lot? Cuz i don't want too much poping and stuff.
Long tube header suggestions?
what causes the cracking and poping?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:18 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

ORIGINAL: 00V6Power826

Will flowmaster 1 chambers sound good with an x-pipe? Would it pop and crack a lot? Cuz i don't want too much poping and stuff.
Long tube header suggestions?
what causes the cracking and poping?
back pressure... after you let off the gas

c'mon that's what makes it sound good
Old 08-31-2006, 01:20 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

nah i hate that popping sh*t.... i only have SLP's but it cracks only when its cold... after the exhaust heats up and i rev it wont pop or anything after that... i dunno why that is but thats just how it is
Old 08-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

I have a UPR, fits nicley sit a lil low but its ok and sounds nice.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:28 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

nah i hate that popping sh*t.... i only have SLP's but it cracks only when its cold... after the exhaust heats up and i rev it wont pop or anything after that... i dunno why that is but thats just how it is
oh man!! there's a 98 cobra here on campus and he has long tubes, H pipe, and SLP and it sounds soooooo good. but you'd prob won't like it cause it pops like a b!tch
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

yea i mean.... its not BAD but I rather it not ya know

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: X-Pipe Suggestions