MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Motor mounts... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/174145-motor-mounts.html)

Valcore 08-31-2006 08:46 PM

Motor mounts...

Hi,
How hard is it to install the motor mounts? I just got them and look underneeth the car and it looks like a PITA... How long does it take, its my daily driver so the car has to be running on the weekdays. Do you think it can be done over this 3 day weekend with only simple tools that I have+plus a really good jack?

I would hate to have a shop do it cause I know there gonna charge $70 an hour and they will take their time doing it.

thanks

SSKiller 08-31-2006 09:15 PM

RE: Motor mounts...

Not hard at all............about an hour....depending on how much beer you drink......

In the cases I have seen only the driver side motor mounts break. I changed mine with 4 jack stands and a jack.....

1. Grab beer and various tools........

2. Put car on all jack stands.......open beer.........

3. Loosen driver side motor mount (the huge nut)...no disrepect to your knowledge of cars......everyone is on a different level when it comes to working on them.

4. Loosen the the two bolts that attach the mount to the block......

5. Place a block of wood on the jack and then place under oil pan, raise motor a couple of inches to remove mount.

6. Open beer # 2.

7. Place new motor mount in location.......bolt to block

8. Lower engine and tighten big nut........

9. Open beer #3

10. Do the same thing to the other mount........after that you should be through about 5-6 beers....and the job is done.......

11. Dont drive for awhile.......

If you replace the motor mounts get Energy Motor Mounts and Trans Mount......They run like 159.00 for the set, they are worth it trust me.......replace both motor mounts and do the trans mount too.....

Hope this helps......and your car is clean dude......wish my vert was so shinny.........

Valcore 08-31-2006 10:01 PM

thanks a lot!!

Valcore 08-31-2006 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

Hope this helps......and your car is clean dude......wish my vert was so shinny.........
and I wish mine was as fast as yours ;)

SSKiller 08-31-2006 10:04 PM

Anytime bro......

7upedition 08-31-2006 10:55 PM

thats a really good and accurate explanation, including the beer consumption!:D

MEM 302 5.0L 08-31-2006 11:14 PM

....valcoor what have u done to your stang??

Valcore 08-31-2006 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: MEM 302 5.0L

....valcoor what have u done to your stang??
I have, Shift kit, CAI, BBK equal length shorty headers, Custom Offroad H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, CDC light bar, wheels and shift boots. I think thats it. but i might be forgeting something. Im trying to save up for a s/c now.

SSKiller 09-01-2006 12:03 AM

Get the blower Boost is fun........

SSKiller 09-01-2006 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

thats a really good and accurate explanation, including the beer consumption!:D
What can I say.......I like working on my car (well I am forced to most of the time) and drink beer.....