5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

CARB SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:08 PM
driftnafox

Default CARB SETUP

I have a 90 fox-chassis which I took all the EFI out and am leaning towards carb setup.Actually have no choice now but,I need some help finding a carb that will do what I need it to do with out starvation.Anyone have one laying round they wanna trade me for something?

Fox

[IMG]local://upfiles/47816/266A883C386540E3BBA85A036983F170.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 PM
slaterracing
1st Gear Member

Default RE: CARB SETUP

I have a Eldelbrock 600 on mine. No problem up to 6000 RPM's. My car car was also injected and switched to carb.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:55 PM
driftnafox

I aint going straight though!Im livin it slideways but anyhow can ya send me some pics of your setup?I wouldnt mind having something to refer to!

Fox
Old 09-02-2006, 11:00 PM
slaterracing
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: driftnafox

I aint going straight though!Im livin it slideways but anyhow can ya send me some pics of your setup?I wouldnt mind having something to refer to!

Fox
Click on my car domain link in my sig and it has all the info on my car. If you want other pix just let me know i can take some of the fuel pressure regulator since i still have the stock intake fuel pump and the carbs will not run on that high of pressure.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:26 PM
driftnafox

I saw the pics,thanks.I have ripped my 90 apart yo.I need to figure out some more things yet but I have alot of work ahead of me.I have some pics of her look at myspace on my profile page.You will see project BLACK HOLE.my page
Old 09-02-2006, 11:34 PM
slaterracing
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: driftnafox

I saw the pics,thanks.I have ripped my 90 apart yo.I need to figure out some more things yet but I have alot of work ahead of me.I have some pics of her look at myspace on my profile page.You will see project BLACK HOLE.my page
looks like a lot of work but look luck with your project. drifting is not my thing but as long as you are racing a mustang that is fine with me.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:11 AM
ben5.0
3rd Gear Member

may i ask why u are going carb? ur myspace page looked like u had a trick flow top end kit?
Old 09-03-2006, 01:17 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben5.0

may i ask why u are going carb? ur myspace page looked like u had a trick flow top end kit?
thats a good question.. especialy if you are gonna be drifting.. with.. the g-forces you are gonna be pulling it's gonna be really hard to meter your fuel really well.. good chance of going lean or rich from fuel sloshing around in your float bowls... maybe i'm wrong though.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:20 PM
driftnafox

Ok, I know that alot of you are going to ask the same thing so I will let you all know why I decided to loose the EFI.

Reason 1: Weight
Reason 2: Tuning
Reason 3: Keep it simple
Reason 4: More horsepower
Reason 5: Throttle response
Reason 6: I was MANIC LOL

Really though a friend of mine races at the local dirt oval and builds some serious HP with carbed cars.He told me one day because I bought a laptop for my Fox that one of the keys to racing is keeping it as simple as possible.There is a saying I keep in my head and thats this "Keep it simple stupid" Ever since then I have dismanteled the Fox's bolt-ons and sold em to buy new parts.

Yes I had it,
Trickflow upper/lower,BBK 70mm throttle body & spacer,BBK Fenderwell style cold air intake,C&L 76mm MAF calibrated for 19lb injectors,K&N air filter,Taylor 10.5mm Race wires,Flex fan,MAC equal length headers,MAC offroad H-pipe,MAC true-fit cat-back 2.5 in.,MAC progressive rate lowering springs,MAC caster camber plates,MAC strut tower brace,Tokiko struts and shocks(blues),Offset rack bushings,Energy suspension bushings all the way round and under the car,4 lug chrome Cobra R's 17x9's wrapped in Toyos and at one time Kumhos.Cross-drilled and slotted rotors with high temp pads and brake fluid 600 degree.Race seats from MAC too but they sucked ***.Timing was set at or between (city was set at 16 degrees) (track or local street race set at 20 degrees and wanted more)She only has like 68,000 original last I looked at it and is still strong without it.

I cant wait to start putting on the new stuff and rebuilding the car again!I need some help though as I go through this build and any help that you all can give me would be appreciated greatly,even if its just a lil encouragment.

Fox(mike rampani)
Domestic Drifters Unite
Fox 5.0 Racing
Old 09-03-2006, 06:22 PM
driftnafox

This is why I have waited so long to buy a carb for.(Fuel starvation)Need a good one and I have actually been thinking of putting on a rock crawlers carb lol,no starvation problems with them at any angle etc...What you think?
Fox

ORIGINAL: frdmstng1986GT

ORIGINAL: ben5.0

thats a good question.. especialy if you are gonna be drifting.. with.. the g-forces you are gonna be pulling it's gonna be really hard to meter your fuel really well.. good chance of going lean or rich from fuel sloshing around in your float bowls... maybe i'm wrong though.

Quick Reply: CARB SETUP