5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need some input/help/suggestions quick!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:07 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default Need some input/help/suggestions quick!

Hey guys, I'm running between the computer and the garage right now so if I don't respond right away, don't think that I've left. I've got a leak at the back of my lifter valley (have had the leak since I installed the TF upper and lower because the POS cork gasket slipped) and I'm getting ready to throw some RTV in the back of my lifter valley (where the rear of the lower intake manifold meets the block. Well I discovered a few things that have caught my eye. The first thing, I removed my MAP sensor just so that I'd have some clearance, I unplugged it, and discovered that theres a vacuum port on it that's not hooked up to anything. Does this need to be hooked up . Could this be why my car has been feeling slow or does the vac. port on the MAP sensor not need to be hooked up. It wasn't even hooked up when I put the TF intake manifold on. I also discovered (possibly) why oil was shooting out of the back of my intake manifold under hard acceleration, my PCV valve screen (the mesh metal thing that sits below my PCV valve), was completely clogged, with the compressor at 60 PSI I couldn't even get air to move through it. So tell me guys, did I find my two main problems (big oil leak and lack of power)???
Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Need some input/help/suggestions quick!

The vacuum does not need to be connected to the map sensor in a mass air car. If you pull the pcv out while the car is running, you should be able to feel vacuum coming from it. Just buy a new screen for the pcv system. If not, that will cause excess pressure in the crankcase and cause oil to leak from any seal/gasket it can.
As for the lack of power, give a lil better description on what it's doing.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:34 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I just did some reading and it looks like only the speed density cars needed this vacuum line connected from the intake manifold to the MAP sesnor, so now that I know that, I'm not worried. But still, if I can fix this oil leak I'll be very happy.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:36 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

IDK, I think that maybe the power is just growing on me and I'm getting used to it, I'm always trying to look for something that's wrong but I can't find anything. So I guess that I'll just have to live with it until I do something "bigger".