5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

<B> DIY FULL AOD FLUSH

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default <B> DIY FULL AOD FLUSH

i got a **** load of trans slip especially between 1st and second, or 1st to third however the aod's work in overdrive but i wanna flush the full fluid torque converter and all when i go about installing my shift kit. I'm a 1-D-1 shuffler and i am perfect this way but it kills aod's. ive got 335,000 miles on my engine and trans and cant afford much with 10 dollars an hour. can i get some tech. on how to flush all the trans fluid and how its done at home? thanx
Old 09-04-2006, 10:52 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

Default RE: <B> DIY FULL AOD FLUSH

IT making a mess a and a waist of $ trying to do it your self take it to a ford dealer . ask to the BG trans flush cost for 90-125 dollars and if you do the BG service and your trans takes a dump within a certain tiem period from the date of the service BG cover it and repalces your trans
Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

are you shifting it hard when you shuffle it?

i 1-d-1 alot too but im in the city and use 2nd gear up untill about 2200 rpm's because the motors pretty sluggish below that in city conditions (stop-go-stop-go..etc)

when pushing the motor leave it in D

wont hurt anything
Old 09-04-2006, 11:41 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

PONY GUY

IT making a mess a and a waist of $ trying to do it your self take it to a ford dealer . ask to the BG trans flush cost for 90-125 dollars and if you do the BG service and your trans takes a dump within a certain tiem period from the date of the service BG cover it and repalces your trans
BG trans flush? sounds great...do they change the filter and drop the pan? this sounds too good id prolly drop the pan and replace the filter when i do the shift kit anyways im just curious
Old 09-04-2006, 11:47 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

No it's consists of flushing the fluid only. If you want the filter changed that would be extra.

http://www.bgfindashop.com/bgservice...cationfuel.htm
Old 09-04-2006, 11:54 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

No it's consists of flushing the fluid only. If you want the filter changed that would be extra.

http://www.bgfindashop.com/bgservice...cationfuel.htm

yes you are correct as it sucks fluild out it pumps new fluid in so all old fluild is totally sucked out and doesnt touch or mix with the new fluid . thier is a tank inside the machine with rubber baffle in it the seals to old fluid form the new fluid so if you fill the machien with 15 qts of new fluid and you suck out 13 qts (if your trans is correctly filled) it will only pume 13qts of new fliud into it , PLuse ther is a condioner for te revitlizes the cluch marterial and removes and breaks down sluge in you valve body. I would drop the pal n and change your flilter when u do the shift kit then after that go get it servieced
Old 09-05-2006, 12:18 AM
red50stang
2nd Gear Member

I would just save up your money and buy a new transmission. I have an aod and I have dumped thousands of dollars into this thing(yes I'm a jack##s), trying to keep it from shi**ing the bed on me and it did it anyway. So if you really want to make some power and have reliable power I'd go w/ a different tranny. I know it's expensive and you're on a budget like most of us but it's worth it in the long run if you enjoy actually being able to drive your car and it **** like it's supposed to.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 AM
deadcarnahans
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red50stang

I would just save up your money and buy a new transmission. I have an aod and I have dumped thousands of dollars into this thing(yes I'm a jack##s), trying to keep it from shi**ing the bed on me and it did it anyway. So if you really want to make some power and have reliable power I'd go w/ a different tranny. I know it's expensive and you're on a budget like most of us but it's worth it in the long run if you enjoy actually being able to drive your car and it **** like it's supposed to.

I agree. The tranny is done. Time for a rebuild or replacement.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 AM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

how much longer do i have before it goes? im scared. i owe my mom about a thousand dollars. any trans that ive known that have failed, do so in park and wont go into gear. i usually never do that anymore and just leave it in nuetral. trans? bad? ::gulp:: i might go out and buy a trans cooler and ill be sure to get the flush after i drop the pan and install the shift kit. will the fresh fluid make it slip even more? i prayed it would never come to this.... if the trans goes, my stangs gunna kiss the pavement goodbye for a longg time...ill be rollin out the bronco 2 rust bucket
Old 09-05-2006, 12:59 AM
fordboyyfm
2nd Gear Member

with that many miles and it acting up, flushing it would be the worst thing to do, you fill take all of the friction material out of the trans. Just leave it alone if you want it to last a while longer.

Quick Reply: <B> DIY FULL AOD FLUSH