MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   how much power does it really take to pull up both wheels? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/175975-how-much-power-does-it-really-take-to-pull-up-both-wheels.html)

SSKiller 09-06-2006 07:37 PM

RE: how much power does it really take to pull up both wheels?

ORIGINAL: gbtrout

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

You can set up your suspension to do if with as little as 250 horsepower..............On slicks and leaving on Nitrous I could one off the ground...........:eek:

j/k my suspension is set up not to do that.........
There is no way you can pull both wheels with only 250hp. I go to my local track all of the time and everyone that can do that is pumping out at least 450 hp and has several hundred dollars in suspension mods. I don't care how good the suspension is, it's torque and hp that pulls them

Actually you can do it with 250 hp....if you have the suspension set up to do it.......

randy78045 09-06-2006 07:42 PM

You can set up your suspension to do if with as little as 250 horsepower..............On slicks and leaving on Nitrous I could one off the ground...........:eek:

j/k my suspension is set up not to do that.........
There is no way you can pull both wheels with only 250hp. I go to my local track all of the time and everyone that can do that is pumping out at least 450 hp and has several hundred dollars in suspension mods. I don't care how good the suspension is, it's torque and hp that pulls them

Actually you can do it with 250 hp....if you have the suspension set up to do it.......
Now that's what im talking about... gotta get to work on the suspension.... ;)

SSKiller 09-06-2006 07:58 PM

Now why would you go and do something like that?:D

randy78045 09-06-2006 08:00 PM

Now why would you go and do something like that?:D
sounds fun... [8D]

SSKiller 09-06-2006 08:06 PM

you do have a good point...........did you watch pinks last week? Both cars doing wheel stands? That was cool......

Steeda1716 09-06-2006 08:08 PM

It's all about weight transfer, get fiberglass fenders,bumper,doors and little suspension mods and you will see how easy it is to lift the front with a stock engine..

randy78045 09-06-2006 08:11 PM

you do have a good point...........did you watch pinks last week? Both cars doing wheel stands? That was cool......
No, missed it... normally dont watch too much tv... :(

ORIGINAL: Steeda1716

It's all about weight transfer, get fiberglass fenders,bumper,doors and little suspension mods and you will see how easy it is to lift the front with a stock engine..
My car is a daily driver, kinda... kant go the fiverglass route.. :D:D

Champ561 09-06-2006 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

no it's tq buddy...a 50 hp car with 500lbs of tq could do it
And most cars that have 500 lbs of tq normally have what?.... around 450 hp

For the record there's no way you could have 50 hp and 500 lbs of tq.

I have seen with my two eyes a 99 cobra with headers and h-pipe and flows, with suspension work and slicks pull em. And I dont think thats near 450hp.

dimebag 09-06-2006 08:34 PM

just for shyts and giggles, so w. out any suspension mods... what kinda hp/tq would u need to pull wheels, w. slicks? if its even possible

grabbem88 09-06-2006 08:36 PM

nobody is going to dispute that..but need to realize TORQUE gets you off the line..HORSEPOWER carries you to the end of it.

ORIGINAL: Champ561

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

no it's tq buddy...a 50 hp car with 500lbs of tq could do it
And most cars that have 500 lbs of tq normally have what?.... around 450 hp

For the record there's no way you could have 50 hp and 500 lbs of tq.

I have seen with my two eyes a 99 cobra with headers and h-pipe and flows, with suspension work and slicks pull em. And I dont think thats near 450hp.