5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

'87 MAF Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Akirhol

Default '87 MAF Conversion?

Once I get the car in good operating order, one of the first mods I want to make is to convert it to MAF, for obvious reasons. My question is, knowing nothing about doing this should I spring for an MAF conversion kit like this one? Or is there a relatively easy [and cheaper] way? I skimmed over the thread in the tech articles sticky, but I don't want to commit to understanding it until I know it's going to be worth bothering. Looking for price differences mainly.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 PM
BCP
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: '87 MAF Conversion?

ORIGINAL: Akirhol

Once I get the car in good operating order, one of the first mods I want to make is to convert it to MAF, for obvious reasons. My question is, knowing nothing about doing this should I spring for an MAF conversion kit like this one? Or is there a relatively easy [and cheaper] way? I skimmed over the thread in the tech articles sticky, but I don't want to commit to understanding it until I know it's going to be worth bothering. Looking for price differences mainly.
That kit is definitely the easiest was for someone in your position to go with. Most of the other ones either require you to splice into the stock harness or move wires in the connector or swap out the SD harness for a MAF harness. The downside to the kit is it comes with a crappy processor.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:28 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BCP

ORIGINAL: Akirhol

That kit is definitely the easiest was for someone in your position to go with. Most of the other ones either require you to splice into the stock harness or move wires in the connector or swap out the SD harness for a MAF harness. The downside to the kit is it comes with a crappy processor.
I thought the Ford conversion kits all came with the A9L (or auto equivelant).
The A9L is accepted as one of the better computers by most.

just curious what this kit has, as the add didn't specify.

jason
Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 AM
65bluestang
1st Gear Member

read up on www.fordfuelinjection.com about the different setups. you can just convert it all with one from another mustang. that site is VERY helpful.