5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

can I take him?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:08 AM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

Default RE: can I take him?

ORIGINAL: redmustang83596

ORIGINAL: Liquid_02

ORIGINAL: hayden

one of my buddies has an '06 GT with exhaust, intake, and a bigger throttle body and he raced an SRT-4 (dont know how those compare to the WRX's) and only pulled about a car length on the SRT-4... hope this helps
Aha yah right, and SRT-4 would RAPE any mustang with that little amount of mods. I saw a BONE STOCK (with Street radials) SRT-4 at the Mopar Nationals run 13.1. There were lots of SRT-4's there aswell, consistantly running below 13.4. I'd like to see any mustang with just an intake and throttle body run anywhere near that. They are rediculous. I want one... but after all's said and done... it's still a neon... so I never will :\
someone lied to you.. there is no way in hell a BONE STOCK srt-4 on street tires ran 13.1.. not a chance in hell.
Aha you'd be surprised. They were mickey Thomson tires, the thing couldn't even spin them, it's a turbo, it ain't gonna light them up off the line, needs to spool up. The car was in the stock class, along with all the other SRT-4's, and i saw most of them myself, and they were all bone stock. They do have a stage-2 turbo afterall... lighter car... bout 400lbs lighter... as much horse as a mustang...

here's a timeslip for one that ran 12.85

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-...slip-4640.html
Old 09-12-2006, 05:08 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

and destroy your motor... NEVER advance timing with nitrous, thats a death wish... that STI is gunna eat you up and spit you out, you dont have enough mods to hang, sorry dude, especially an STI with exhaust, i hear a cat-back on those things really livens them up
Depends on the shot & what's done to the engine like the headgaskets used. I never said put it to 20 I just said up SOME.
My friend has a 100shot on his '87 gt running 16 degrees on his, but he's using steel core felpro head gaskets & he's still using head bolts, not studs. Everything stock other than the intake manifold & exhaust.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:09 AM
ibanezta

just race the guy. not for money or anything, then who cares. no shame in losing to an sti. but damn would it be a nice notch on the belt to beat it. with your mods and 100 hot, i think you'll be pulling him. it all depends on your launch. go out and practice that. most guys just dump and spin, then either let it spin or hit 2nd right away. find the sweet spot. ifyou spin all the time then let off the throttle just enough to grab some asphalt, then jam it. if he's a crappy driver u may not even need juice. if so, i wouldnt hit it until 2nd. my car with brand new 295's out back on saleen rims would chirp through first if i launched below 2k, and just spin redline if i did above. i have bolt-ons, 3.55's, tru-trac limited slip and a motor with 160k on it. so i wouldnt even consider juicin in first on street tires.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 AM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

one of my buddies has an '06 GT with exhaust, intake, and a bigger throttle body and he raced an SRT-4 (dont know how those compare to the WRX's) and only pulled about a car length on the SRT-4... hope this helps
Aha yah right, and SRT-4 would RAPE any mustang with that little amount of mods. I saw a BONE STOCK (with Street radials) SRT-4 at the Mopar Nationals run 13.1. There were lots of SRT-4's there aswell, consistantly running below 13.4. I'd like to see any mustang with just an intake and throttle body run anywhere near that. They are rediculous. I want one... but after all's said and done... it's still a neon... so I never will :\
someone lied to you.. there is no way in hell a BONE STOCK srt-4 on street tires ran 13.1.. not a chance in hell.
Aha you'd be surprised. They were mickey Thomson tires, the thing couldn't even spin them, it's a turbo, it ain't gonna light them up off the line, needs to spool up. The car was in the stock class, along with all the other SRT-4's, and i saw most of them myself, and they were all bone stock. They do have a stage-2 turbo afterall... lighter car... bout 400lbs lighter... as much horse as a mustang...

oh drag radials, i thought you meant just basic street radials
that timeslip is with exhaust, IC, 20 PSI and drag radials, i believe that. Got a buddy with a similiar setup that went 13.1 on street tires.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

oh drag radials, i thought you meant just basic street radials
that timeslip is with exhaust, IC, 20 PSI and drag radials, i believe that. Got a buddy with a similiar setup that went 13.1 on street tires.
Yah, but with those mods he isn't gaining much, maybe 10 if he's lucky. says 6-20psi boost, doesn't say what exactly he was running, never-the-less, still all with the stock turbo.. man they're quick
Old 09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

as much as my car has pissed me off id let you borrow it for a week and smash his azz