5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

horrible vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
stang94gt
1st Gear Member

Default horrible vibrations

The ladys love it but it drives me insane, i just had the trans and clutch replaces and all new wheels and tires perfectly ballanced, it had the vibration before i did all this, the trans blew up and i thought that was the problem so i got a new one and had a full alignment done, and it still makes a horrible vibration, it doesnt seem to be threw the sterring tho, more seat of the pants, and it doesnt start till around 45-50 mph and it just gets worse at a steady rate when i accelerate,and i mean it gets bad, at like a 100+ i think im going to die, or the wheels are gunna fall off, i mean its just scary, im thinking, maybe the drive shaft is out of balance, or the rear has a bent axle or something, i have a set of 373 im planing on putting in but i was trying to find out what else i should up grade at the same time, like 31 spline axles and a 31 spline lsd and an aluminum drive shaft, i was wondering what you would suggest i replace these parts with, its a 1994 GT 8.8 rear, 5speed, i have a stage 2 clutch, i have the gears already so what else should i get,
Thanks
Ted
Old 09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Default RE: horrible vibrations

i would replace the front wheel bearings and ball joints
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang94gt

The ladys love it but it drives me insane, i just had the trans and clutch replaces and all new wheels and tires perfectly ballanced, it had the vibration before i did all this, the trans blew up and i thought that was the problem so i got a new one and had a full alignment done, and it still makes a horrible vibration, it doesnt seem to be threw the sterring tho, more seat of the pants, and it doesnt start till around 45-50 mph and it just gets worse at a steady rate when i accelerate,and i mean it gets bad, at like a 100+ i think im going to die, or the wheels are gunna fall off, i mean its just scary, im thinking, maybe the drive shaft is out of balance, or the rear has a bent axle or something, i have a set of 373 im planing on putting in but i was trying to find out what else i should up grade at the same time, like 31 spline axles and a 31 spline lsd and an aluminum drive shaft, i was wondering what you would suggest i replace these parts with, its a 1994 GT 8.8 rear, 5speed, i have a stage 2 clutch, i have the gears already so what else should i get,
Thanks
Ted
If it shakes the seat of your pants its coming from the rear of the vehicle. Im thinkin that your driveshaft is "out of phase". Meaning they didnt re-install it in the same position as they took it off in. Youre supposed to mark the yoke and the pinion flange with some paint or a mark you can recognize and re-install it the same exact way. IF its not itll cause bad vibes.
-P.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 PM
JeffUtica
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

ORIGINAL: stang94gt

Thanks
Ted
If it shakes the seat of your pants its coming from the rear of the vehicle. Im thinkin that your driveshaft is "out of phase". Meaning they didnt re-install it in the same position as they took it off in. Youre supposed to mark the yoke and the pinion flange with some paint or a mark you can recognize and re-install it the same exact way. IF its not itll cause bad vibes.
-P.
I'm leaning toward the same conclusion. Have the driveshaft and u-joint checked. Could be as simple as loose driveshaft to diff flange bolts. They should be loctited.