5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

peskey srt4s

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Default RE: peskey srt4s

ORIGINAL: r.barn

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

ORIGINAL: blackmustang94gt

also that new mazda 3 speed is suppose to be one hell of a car. 240 hp with some 220 trq, better then the **** engines they give u in an srt-4...
260hp and all wheel drive. I would love one of those. Just bought a new 2006 Mazda 3s 5 door on friday. The car handles amazing and drives great. Couldn't imagine what it would be like with a 100 more hp. I don't have to feel guilty about owning it either, the cars built on Fords world famous C1 platform. Same plateform the Volvo S40 and the highly regareded European Focus ride on.
I wouldn't get hung up on "made in America" these day even if it is "assymebled" here, most of it was probably made somewhere else first.

and you wouldnt believe how many brand new Green John Deer farm tractors and CAT bulldozers come off the boats from being "made in Europe"
Ya I know, I'm just a blue oval guy true and true.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:36 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtecwho

13.1!! thats like a vette (prior to 05) or a camaro ss. i have always herd 14.1 via car and driver... and thats if you knew how to drive!! it kills me how fast those things are, AND how a 5 liter engine has a hard time hanging around with mods. because of that, those srt drivers are really cocky. it seems like a v8 should smash a 4 banger, its unfortunate it works the opposite in the case of the srt. however, all mustang owners have this... your mustang wont start breaking after 20,000 miles like my srt did!!

to all those srt owners out there; enjoy it while it lasts, because they wont last long!! hahaha

13.1 is the biggest bs i've heard in a while...even the srt-4 guys won't try that i have never seen one run break out of the 14's stock at the track. i hear they do on occasion, but that's in internet land. now the skittle stage 2-3 with toys etc....that's modded, but just buy mopar. i have seen a stage 3 w/ toy's or whatever break into the 12's. for the money, they're not bad cars....it's 90% of their owners/drivers that give them a bad rap
Old 09-13-2006, 05:49 PM
BlackMustang02GT
4th Gear Member

ya i think there all built in china cause all the damn parts are written in chinese lol (it is a MAZDA) just to say one thing that the interior of that mazda 3 is all SNAP ON, my friend has just bought a 2006 mazda 3 blue and a month later i stripped it down to have just the steering wheel and shifter left! i installed this huge *** sound system in his car!! dynomatted all the floors trunk and everything! everything was just snap on! so cheap! plastic plastic! even the carpet was 1 piece! ya 1 peice! but not bad for power.. i installed his CAI from aem and sounds like every other integra/civic but it has some power, so i really cant put the car down its nice has good gas milage and power and in this case a really crazy soundsystem! heres a picture of the final product.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36407/24B171DF576542698C4F53BEA0E3D1B2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

ORIGINAL: vtecwho

13.1!! thats like a vette (prior to 05) or a camaro ss. i have always herd 14.1 via car and driver... and thats if you knew how to drive!! it kills me how fast those things are, AND how a 5 liter engine has a hard time hanging around with mods. because of that, those srt drivers are really cocky. it seems like a v8 should smash a 4 banger, its unfortunate it works the opposite in the case of the srt. however, all mustang owners have this... your mustang wont start breaking after 20,000 miles like my srt did!!

to all those srt owners out there; enjoy it while it lasts, because they wont last long!! hahaha

13.1 is the biggest bs i've heard in a while...even the srt-4 guys won't try that i have never seen one run break out of the 14's stock at the track. i hear they do on occasion, but that's in internet land. now the skittle stage 2-3 with toys etc....that's modded, but just buy mopar. i have seen a stage 3 w/ toy's or whatever break into the 12's. for the money, they're not bad cars....it's 90% of their owners/drivers that give them a bad rap
I had a buddy I went to tech school with that had an srt 4 with stage one 1 kit and drag radials and was running consistant 12.7's. There was also an article in motor trend about a year and half ago about how to make the srt 4's run 12.5's on a 1500 budget. I know they are just neons but they are fast *** neons have earned there right at the track.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:33 PM
leadfootdriver
2nd Gear Member

My cousin has 1. I haven't raced him though. I know he already replaced the trans under warranty though.

1 thing to remember is the small motor car trans' get beat on pretty bad. I wonder how long a trans/difs last on a WRX.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:48 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

ya i think there all built in china cause all the damn parts are written in chinese lol (it is a MAZDA) just to say one thing that the interior of that mazda 3 is all SNAP ON, my friend has just bought a 2006 mazda 3 blue and a month later i stripped it down to have just the steering wheel and shifter left! i installed this huge *** sound system in his car!! dynomatted all the floors trunk and everything! everything was just snap on! so cheap! plastic plastic! even the carpet was 1 piece! ya 1 peice! but not bad for power.. i installed his CAI from aem and sounds like every other integra/civic but it has some power, so i really cant put the car down its nice has good gas milage and power and in this case a really crazy soundsystem! heres a picture of the final product.

Not sure which 3 your looking at but the interior quality on my 3 is very good. I love Mustangs but I can assure you that material quality of my 3 is far better then your 1994. Ya its a mazda but it uses a Ford motor, Ford plateform, Ford Brakes, Ford Suspension etc. Plus one thing that is nice about my 3 is even though its Japaniese it doesn't come with a sh*tty rice body kit. God I hate body kits don't you.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:11 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

LOL, that was a burn.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:20 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Must sound nice when your locked in the trunk................

Old 09-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

I don't know about you, but everytime I pull the carpet out of any car, it's always been 1 piece... i'd be asking questions if my carpet came out in more than one piece...

Most cars are all snap on stuff now, how many bolts and screws do you see on new cars? Almost none. It's much nicer cosmetically if you don't have to see screws all over the place, and you need less tools to pull out the interior. Screws also have a tendancy to crack interior pieces over time.

Since everything was snap on, were the seats snap on too? Was the dash cover snap on? was the gauge cluster? Assuming it all was since you said you had the whole interior out except the steering wheel and shifter, which raises questions like how did you get the dash cover off with the steering wheel still on.

Don't bash good engineering.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Liquid_02

I don't know about you, but everytime I pull the carpet out of any car, it's always been 1 piece... i'd be asking questions if my carpet came out in more than one piece...

Most cars are all snap on stuff now, how many bolts and screws do you see on new cars? Almost none. It's much nicer cosmetically if you don't have to see screws all over the place, and you need less tools to pull out the interior. Screws also have a tendancy to crack interior pieces over time.

Since everything was snap on, were the seats snap on too? Was the dash cover snap on? was the gauge cluster? Assuming it all was since you said you had the whole interior out except the steering wheel and shifter, which raises questions like how did you get the dash cover off with the steering wheel still on.

Don't bash good engineering.
Word.

Quick Reply: peskey srt4s