5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

LOOK AT THIS GIRL ON MY CAR! SMOKIN!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:24 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Default LOOK AT THIS GIRL ON MY CAR! SMOKIN!

Well sorry to say guys, no girl, ha just thought I'd get alotta views this way lol.

Alright well the 5.0 I bought a few months ago has been in my dads garage for the past 3 weeks (he kicked me out....its in his name...sweet? 18 for 2 months and then CYUHHH) but anyways, I still got my bangin job at 12.00 an hour and bank in anywhere from 1600-1850 a month. I pay rent, phonebill, car payments, my train pass, and of course food.

With all that said, the progression of my car will be slow, but I think I can still whoop something up special/quick by the end of spring. Alright well here's where I need your guys help!

My plan when its all said and done is to not only have one badass stang, but have a turbo/supercharged one. The part I'd really appreciate from u guys is the whole plan part! I know where I want to end up, I just don't know how to get there lol.

Can some of you guru's hook me up with a list of mods that won't KILL me financially, but still won't be anything cheap that I'm going to have to replace.

Thanks in advance guys, can't wait for the replies!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Dath
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: LOOK AT THIS GIRL ON MY CAR! SMOKIN!

How much you want to spend and what kind of times are you shooting for?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ Thats the main question... if you want to do a cheap supercharger setup. No supercharged motor with supporting mods is going to be cheap but this is what I would do...

Full Exhaust
Track Heat Manifold
70mm TB
3.73's
Novi 1000
8' Crank Pulley
PowerPipe
Injectors
Fuel Pump
AFPR
Gauges (boost, etc.)
Tune
Full Tune Up
U/L Control Arms
Shocks/Struts/Springs
Subframes

Right there is a stable 5.0 running about 8-9psi out of a entry level blower laying out serious numbers...
Old 09-14-2006, 02:10 PM
OJMiles
3rd Gear Member

If you're bringing home that much a month, you must be working alot of overtime at $12/hr...
Old 09-14-2006, 02:17 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OJMiles

If you're bringing home that much a month, you must be working alot of overtime at $12/hr...
Not really. $12 / hour at 40 hours a week = $480 / week = $24,960 a year = $2,080 a month. Factor in taxes and other deductions and it's right on the money.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: OJMiles

Not really. $12 / hour at 40 hours a week = $480 / week = $24,960 a year = $2,080 a month. Factor in taxes and other deductions and it's right on the money.

THANK YOU^^^^

and my budget, idk, i can go up to like 10k if i want....but i'd like to keep it around 6-8k....hell if i could do lower that'd be nice too
Old 09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

$6k - $8k? I can't imagine you will have too many problems then. Here's a fun little setup for ya...

First, I'd do the basic cheap upgrades to your exhaust like getting headers, a nice X-pipe, and a catback exhaust setup. Next I'd spend $3,700 on the engine they advertise here which will start you out at over 400 HP and 400 tourque. Once you have that, you will probably want to upgrade your suspension, and get some nice control arms, wheels, etc. That should leave you $2k or so to buy a cheaper Superhcarger (or a nice used procharger / vortech) if you really still wanted a S/C on top of that setup.

Of course, there are cheaper ways to do it, but that will give you a badass car for under $8k. If you don't like the idea of getting a whole new engine, you cna always spend $2,200 and get the Trick Flow engine kit that will replace Heads, Cam, Intake, etc.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Is the "Hey look at this hot chick, just kidding but now that you're here..." thing old to anyone else?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

$6k - $8k? I can't imagine you will have too many problems then. Here's a fun little setup for ya...

First, I'd do the basic cheap upgrades to your exhaust like getting headers, a nice X-pipe, and a catback exhaust setup. Next I'd spend $3,700 on the engine they advertise here which will start you out at over 400 HP and 400 tourque. Once you have that, you will probably want to upgrade your suspension, and get some nice control arms, wheels, etc. That should leave you $2k or so to buy a cheaper Superhcarger (or a nice used procharger / vortech) if you really still wanted a S/C on top of that setup.

Of course, there are cheaper ways to do it, but that will give you a badass car for under $8k. If you don't like the idea of getting a whole new engine, you cna always spend $2,200 and get the Trick Flow engine kit that will replace Heads, Cam, Intake, etc.
thanks for the tips bro, but justa little few sidenotes....i already have bbk shorty headers and have an X-pipe along with catback exhaust system and some sexy chrome ponies....im not too into the idea of puting in a new engine because this is my DD. I dont have the resources to knock it out in a weekend and cant afford to have it in a shop for awhile ya know? Although ive been told turbo's push more power, they arent too reliable so right now im leaning towards that whine and reliability. With that said, how much would everything run me? im just wondering a price range so i know wat im getting into before i put myself out there....thanks again for all the work/tips
Old 09-14-2006, 04:28 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Nice, so you're already looking pretty good with the exhaust. That will save some $$$. So it looks like you want a nice bolt-on S/C right now.

A few people would disagree, but most will agree that it's best to avoid powerdynes. They make decent power and the price is awesome, but it's really a gamble. It seems that, although some people get away with no problems, many seem to have them break down all too frequently. With that being said, the choice is really up to you. You could go with a nice Novi, Vortech, or Procharger and get some decent perfoamance with decent reliability. If you want to go new, you can expect to pay $2k - $3k for those depending on what kit you get. If you go with a used kit, you can get them for less (onbiously.)

Of course, if you get a supercharger, you might as well drom an additional $300 and get a water / methanol injection kit. It's a great addition that you'll love. Where else can you gain 50 - 100 HP simply by dumping windshield washer fluid into your intake? Okay, so it's a bit more complicated that that. But you seriously gain that much HP and it really does use windshield washer fluid.

And if you're feeling like going overboard, then spend another $500 - $600 and drop a wet shot of nitrous on top of that

Quick Reply: LOOK AT THIS GIRL ON MY CAR! SMOKIN!