MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   PLEASE READ HAVE A QUESTION. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/180053-please-read-have-a-question.html)

grabbem88 09-14-2006 03:52 PM

PLEASE READ HAVE A QUESTION.

well here's the deal...i got every code cleared,but one and that's 34,and i think i know why.

making up the resistor triangle basicaly just keeps the CEL off...which is cool for me...

all the 8* codes are gone,and the rest that popped up also.....does it run better?...throttle response seems more crisp...also my t.p.s was 1.09 so i put it at .998.....

now i do have one issue..idle surge is still present...will my mass air meter create such problems...what are the steps in checking the meter?...volt checks/load?...is it because i have 24's/meter also.

grabbem88 09-14-2006 05:12 PM

RE: PLEASE READ HAVE A QUESTION.

man WTF???? nobody has any answers?....

Twister 09-14-2006 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

man WTF???? nobody has any answers?....
sorry for making a living....clean the mass air meter, if you over oil the K&N filter, it will cause false readings

grabbem88 09-14-2006 05:40 PM

i work 16 hrs a day 6 days a week....i'm supposed to be in bed right now....i cleaned the meter two or three times already.....

i'm just confused i help all i can,and most of the time get called a dumb ass...then later on i see a post how"they" fixed it all by them selves with absolutely no recognition of whom gave the "correct" info,and pointed them in the right direction....

when i have a suggestion/question/problem i get zilch...

BTW don't make comments like that when you are on here just as i am...we are on here for a reason.

Twister 09-14-2006 05:51 PM

i work 16 hrs a day 6 days a week....i'm supposed to be in bed right now....i cleaned the meter two or three times already.....

i'm just confused i help all i can,and most of the time get called a dumb ass...then later on i see a post how"they" fixed it all by them selves with absolutely no recognition of whom gave the "correct" info,and pointed them in the right direction....

BTW don't make comments like that when you are on here just as i am...we are on here for a reason.
I just read this to my wife and her advice was to put your big boy panties on and quit bitching. I made the comment about being out working, and you jump all over me. You also were bitching that no one responsed after only 80 minutes! give people some time. I even offered advice. After seeing your responce, I would not be supprized if nobody offered to help you.

Joel5.0 09-14-2006 06:11 PM

Check your other thread for code 34, if you still have a little surge when its idling at op temp.....unscrew the throttle blade stop screw (same as lowering base idle) slightly....turn engine off, wait 5 seconds, restart engine and check idle again.....repeat if necessary, unscrewing the stop screw a little at a time until the surge is gone.....OH!...don't worry about the TPS voltage as long as it stays between .8vdc and 1.0vdc....the EEC-IV sets the angle to 0° everytime you turn the engine off, and turn it back on automatically, as long as it stays within .5vdc and 1.1vdc (.8-1.0 is a range to "provide" for VREF variance and ground noise)....

grabbem88 09-15-2006 12:32 AM

man if you think that was "jumping" all over you....i will make sure to stay away from you....i call it like i see it....BTW this was actually a piggyback of a prior post of two days ago..

ORIGINAL: Twister

I just read this to my wife and her advice was to put your big boy panties on and quit bitching. I made the comment about being out working, and you jump all over me. You also were bitching that no one responsed after only 80 minutes! give people some time. I even offered advice. After seeing your responce, I would not be supprized if nobody offered to help you.

ckyguy68 09-15-2006 12:35 AM

both of you guys... LET IT GO![:@] jeeze, i feel like im surrounded by 13 year olds.

grabbem88 09-15-2006 12:41 AM

i'm done CK i was trying to do a good thing so this could all be used to help new commers....as far as i'm concerned it's sqaushed..end of the little fight....just remember who you are when i offer help.

ckyguy68 09-15-2006 12:47 AM

but i must say, twister did overrecact a bit when he had his wife read the post, then stated her opinion on the situation. like we really care:eek:

i'm done CK i was trying to do a good thing so this could all be used to help new commers....as far as i'm concerned it's sqaushed..end of the little fight....just remember who you are when i offer help.