5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

i got owned bad tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i got owned bad tonight!!!

i think hellion turbo is your new quest....
Old 09-26-2006, 12:41 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I really don't think talons are faster stock, I own one and it feels way slower than my mustang did stock, but their engines are simular to 5 litres, they can suport around 400 hp on stock internals, and they can be made fast for cheap, don't worry the guy probably had to pull into a gas station 5 minutes after the race to fix something they break down ALLLL the time
Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Luckythirteen
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93 LX FiveO

talons/eclipses with turbos will beat a stock 5.0L or atleast come close

i bet he had a little work done.. probably a chip to up the boost (they only come like 7lb stock.. well capable of 15+), intake, etc...

good death
Stock to stock a FWD Turbo Talon ( TSI ) will loose to a stock Foxbody. Now a stock AWD Talon ( TSI AWD ) will lay waste to the 5.0 at the line since they have the benifit of AWD, but I guarentee the 5.0 will close in on the Talon on the top end since the AWDs sucks past 100 mph.

And stock boost for both 1g and 2g DSM's ( Talon/Laser/Eclipse ) is right around 11-12 with the stock boost control solenoid. A 1g with the 14b can run about 18 psi on the bone stock engine, and a 2g is usually limited to around 14-15 psi since with their T25 turbo above 15 psi is way out of their efficency (sp?) range.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
4fit?
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: aode06

for $300 -450 u can ge a nitrous kit and instal in less than one hour
try $500 and about 3 hours.... dont bother wasting your time with a dry nitrous kit. I guarantee it wont get setup properly.
[sm=bs.gif]
Installed mine in about 2 hours and have $200 in the kit and it's DRY and is setup just fine.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:07 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

The only way you are going to beat a 5.0 of the line with a awd talon is to launch the hell out of it which kills those transmissions, I am always afraid to do it in mine because it's fast but it also feels like the damn tranny is going to rip its self apart. But they feel really slugish from a roll. Nothing beats the feeling of a v8, don't get me wrong I love talons (thats why I own one) but 5.0's are way more fun to drive

edit... and thier owners are wayyy better, in my expereince most talon owners think they own the fastest car on the face of the earth and that all v8's are slow
Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Luckythirteen
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drhoward

The only way you are going to beat a 5.0 of the line with a awd talon is to launch the hell out of it which kills those transmissions, I am always afraid to do it in mine because it's fast but it also feels like the damn tranny is going to rip its self apart. But they feel really slugish from a roll. Nothing beats the feeling of a v8, don't get me wrong I love talons (thats why I own one) but 5.0's are way more fun to drive

edit... and thier owners are wayyy better, in my expereince most talon owners think they own the fastest car on the face of the earth and that all v8's are slow

Yeah lauching at 5k will make you move out real quick in a AWD DSM....unless the center diff breaks, hahaha. I toasted my 91's transmission at the drags finally ( cracked the whole damn housing ) so I upgraded to a Shep stage 3 and a 4 bolt rear. Now with my FP Green ( with supports mods ) and 470 to the wheels Im sure I can keep up with a 5.0 with equal power on drag slicks easily. But as you said nothing beats the sound and feel of a V8, but a AWD DSM is just fun to rip through the curves with not that a Mustang cant be though, just takes a minor work and some sticky tires.

And I agree that most DSM owners think they have the fastest cars around. Dont get me wrong the 4g63 is a great import engine, but you can do the exact same things you do to that engine to a 5.0 or 350 and it will be just as fast and sound much cooler too
Old 09-26-2006, 05:29 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

You know, i hate imports to death, but there is one id like to own...a WRX STI, and just for the fun of ripping some curves and thats it. I like going fast arond curves to, but i dont want to spend all that money in one of my 4 banger 5.0's to make it a corner hugger. Id rather have something good on gas and that rips some curves up like mad, so i was thinking of a WRX would be perfect for that application.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

Don't worry, at least you don't have to worry about your crankshaft walking like they do.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

That usually only happens on the 2nd gens.... or I should say it happens to all of the 2nd gens
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

ur gonna get beat sumtimes...... i got beat by like 50 cars by a evo with 28 psi and meth injection two days ago in my full exhaust hatch

Quick Reply: i got owned bad tonight!!!