5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

New best tonight...then almost wrecked the car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

Default New best tonight...then almost wrecked the car.

Got caught in a rain storm driving home from the track on slicks, and just about lost the car. It hydroplaned in front of two incoming semi's that managed to get around me. I got her lined out before hitting the concrete barrier. I'm lucky to be alive, and the car's lucky it's not scattered all over the interstate.

Not long before that, I managed to get this timeslip...

60' - 1.59
330' - 4.44
594' - 6.40
1/8 et- 6.84
MPH - 102.03

Car made good boost off the line, and pulled strong. It spun coming out of the hole, I hit the limiter on the shift, and was banging off off of it going through the 594'. Run should have been in the 6.70's, but I'm still fairly pleased.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:30 AM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New best tonight...then almost wrecked the car.

nice job man.....u should try racing the full 1/4 mile
Old 09-28-2006, 02:30 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

cool, glad u didnt die, gotta change your sig, BTW, and drive there and back on stock tires and change at the drags, mite help in that kind of situation
Old 09-28-2006, 02:32 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Those are some crazy *** times dude. Can we see video of this run?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:35 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

cool, glad u didnt die, gotta change your sig, BTW, and drive there and back on stock tires and change at the drags, mite help in that kind of situation

^^ Agree'd, but with the power and torque he's making, it probably wouldnt help a whole lot.

Sorry to hear about the car, nice times though. How reliable is that turbo? Im getting ready to throw a MP T70 .68 on my car hopefully before christmas if i can ever get everything together, been so busy with other peoples cars its hard for me to work on my own.

Just wondering. Hopefully it will put out in the mid 400hp range with about 10-11psi.

Matt~
Old 09-28-2006, 02:39 AM
sbx213
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90mustang5.0

nice job man.....u should try racing the full 1/4 mile
+1
Old 09-28-2006, 02:42 AM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I've been putting off getting some spare rims and drag radials, but after tonight, I'm ready.

I didn't take my camera tonight, and I'm not sure if anyone I knew was there taping. All I've got is the slip, at least for right now. I actually got a good scare at the track too. My buddy tweaked the MBC for me. As I put the car up on the brake at the starting line, I glanced over at the boost gauge right before launching, and the needle flew past 20psi!!!!!! Needless to say I managed to get most of the way out of it right as I came off the line and feathered the car down the track. Still managed a 7.59 @ 73mph.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

88stangaruu, the Turbonetics has been great. I've heard alot of good things about the Master Power as well. With the right mods and tune, that turbo will have absolutely no problem making the power you're looking for.

And for the guys that want me to run the 1/4 instead of the 1/8th. Put your cash together, buy me a trailer, and give me the gas money to tow the car 240 miles round trip behind my Lightning. I'll run the 1/4 every week if you guys are game.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:46 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dirty Sanchez

Yeah, I've been putting off getting some spare rims and drag radials, but after tonight, I'm ready.

I didn't take my camera tonight, and I'm not sure if anyone I knew was there taping. All I've got is the slip, at least for right now. I actually got a good scare at the track too. My buddy tweaked the MBC for me. As I put the car up on the brake at the starting line, I glanced over at the boost gauge right before launching, and the needle flew past 20psi!!!!!! Needless to say I managed to get most of the way out of it right as I came off the line and feathered the car down the track. Still managed a 7.59 @ 73mph.

^^^ I wish i could feather my car down the track and still 'manage' a 7.59 @ 73mph...[>:]

This is why im turboing my car.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, but after seeing that kind of boost, I was waiting for my oil pressure to nose dive. I'm just glad it happened early and briefly, where I could get out of it before any damage was done.

Quick Reply: New best tonight...then almost wrecked the car.