5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

anyone running the FMS "C" springs???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default anyone running the FMS "C" springs???

Just wondering if anyone else besides primtime5.0 is running the Ford Racing "C" springs, they're only 140 bucks for all four, and they're ford racing, gotta be good right?. Are they good for drag? Give a good noticable drop? improvement in cornering??? Here's the link...

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...=1#Application

Let me know if you run these springs or something comparable.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:30 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone running the FMS "C" springs???

I'd be interested to know as well. Right now I'm looking at H&R.....
Old 10-01-2006, 07:31 AM
OJMiles
3rd Gear Member

I have the FRPP "B" Springs, and if the C springs are anything like them, expect more drop than advertised. They're both advertised as being the same amount of drop, just with different spring rates for the front springs. Handling seems to have improved although its a little difficult to tell since my front control arm bushins are trashed... The B springs do ride pretty good.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Would the C's or B's be better for drag racing??? I know nothing about spring rates.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:39 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

After hearing some of the reviews I'm definentally going with the C springs. Everyone that's ran them claims that there is a 1.25 inch drop all around, can't beat that for 144.95, especially something from ford racing!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

i had them and sold them to somone on here now i have the B springs. i liked the C sprigns better then the Bs..neither wouldbe good for drag racing stockers do a better job
Old 10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
89MustangMan
1st Gear Member

I am also in the market for new springs. I think I like what I hear about these C springs from here as well as other forums. That is probably going to be my choice. I am not racing, just looking for a nice drop and I also agree that since they are from Ford Racing, I should expect they are decent springs for the money..

-Nick
Old 10-01-2006, 08:15 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I looked on stangnet's reviews at these springs and I haven't heard a bad thing about them, I placed an order for those and some control arms today at work, we'll see how I like my almost new suspension. After I get the springs and C/A's installed I am ordering subframe connectors and Lakewood 90/10s for the front and 50/50s for the rear. By the time that the track opens back up next spring I should have a nice launching suspension and an extra set of wheels for slicks.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
ebxgsxr
2nd Gear Member

for those of you with the "C" springs, did you have to change the struts/shocks? what about aligning the car after the install? did you need the CC plates?i bought a set of used "C" springs and i would like them installed, but i dont know if i have to have new struts/shocks. if i can save some money during the holiday, i will have them installed with my stock struts/shocks. anyone have any input?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

i have the C's and i bought KYB gr2 stuts and KYB shocks i forget the model they gave a noticeable drop and way better handling, i didnt have to get mine aligned either but make sure to check tire wear just in case you might need one

Quick Reply: anyone running the FMS "C" springs???