5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what is it about the 5.0???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what is it about the 5.0???

haha i dont think you want my dad..

most of the time he's a dick to me

but i guess he realized that i dont NEED to visit him

and drive an hour each way..but i do anyways

idk..maybe he finally appreciates me?..who knows

all i know is im loving it lately
Old 10-04-2006, 01:37 AM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: squad272

My buddy in High school(early 80's) had a mustang II 302 automatic. car was really fast and powerful, and sounded great.
$250 for it.

whole sentence missing????

I typed---- I wanted one since then, and 25 years later I now have a 5.0 . (I did have a 4cyl mustang II in college paid $250 for it.)
Old 10-04-2006, 01:41 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

haha my dad's the same way cept he bought some of the parts to help fix the problems (like back windows wont roll down, and the top's frame was broken, little things like that) but it's like when he works on cars he gets in some kinda mode where he just works on it and won't let me do any of the work[:'(]
Old 10-04-2006, 01:42 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

My dads out there almost every day now helping me do stuff here and there. He loves working on the cars, He had a 72 Dodge Demon for alooooongggg time, at one point he had a overly built stroked 340 in it, he said it put out close to 500hp and would run the 1/4 in the low 11's and it was his daily driver back in the 70's. Lol. He eventually sold it and the guy that bought it from him blew it up on the way home from buying it, he had another one for awhile but sold it recently...poor guy....soon as sh*t starts going good for him, it usually falls apart and he has to sell his car to pay something off. Maybe one day ill use my brains to make some money and buy him another one.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 AM
ridebmx4140
1st Gear Member

i was 12 when my neighbor moved in down the block with a 90 mustang. the only thing he had were flowmasters and the fist time i met the guy he did a 40 ft burnout right in front of me. ever since then ive been in love w/ the power and sound of a mustang. for about 5 years i drooled all over that car and always hung out w/ the guy whenever he would work on it. so about 2 years ago im driving down the street and i see the car sitting there w/ a FOR SALE sign on it for $4500. i asked him why he was selling it and he said his grandma just died and he needed money real bad. i remember his exact words "You know how much i love her i would never get rid of her otherwise. For you, make it $3000, i know you'll take car of her and love her like I do." So i asked my parents for a loan, worked my *** off to pay it all back, and since then ive had the car of my dreams.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 AM
JJones_86
2nd Gear Member

I don't know which one is the one you have now, but the cobra on the yellow one is backwards FYI, it's supposed to be facing forward.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Unknown
2nd Gear Member

first car i had was an 88 towncar with the 5.0. slow but still had v8 power and could spin wheels. then a ****ty taurus. Had loved mustangs since i was 14 but got handed down these things. Bought a 77 grand marquis with a 460 in it for about $500 sold it for 1500 a couple weeks later. Then bought my first 1999 v6 mustang for $4,500 perfect condition with only 77k miles on it. Sold it a year later for $7k...had been looking for any mustang with a v8 in it then a 1994 gt convt popped up and negotiated price then bought it and here i am at the age of 17 with my own 5.0
Old 10-04-2006, 02:43 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

when i heard one [8D]

2 words came to mind.... "holy ****"

my 5.0 sounds awesome.. and its legal

Old 10-04-2006, 03:22 AM
84redfox
2nd Gear Member

Well ever since I got into cars, I was into the fox bodies. I had bought a 92 turbo laser as my first car, and liked the car very much, but everytime I'd see a nice 5.0, i'd always tell my friends "man, I want a fox so bad." Then about a year later, my dad was looking for a car, and there was a 5.0 GT fox at the same little dealership I bought my laser from. I told my dad about it and the guy cut him a deal, and I was so happy we got it, even though it really wasn't my car.

But then, my laser broke, and my parents helped me knowing I couldn't afford it at the time, and I had to get to school somehow. Not too far after though, my tranny went out. So, my dad let me borrow his mustang. OMG...i just loved the feeling of torque(don't worry, I wasnt abusing the car, sometimes he would even egg me on to go faster in it). I kept my laser all stock except for an exhaust, so it was not all that fast. The mustang, though, had a totally different feeling in that it had power so low. Soon after, my dad bought a built 90 Talon Tsi AWD, and gave the mustang to me(almost ironic, huh?)...and now I'm just going to fix the laser so I can sell it, and with that money, start some serious work on the mustang.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
GreenHornet92
2nd Gear Member

I have always loved muscle cars. Ever since I knew what a muscle car was. My first car was a '65 mustang 302 bored to a 306. I loved that car. But there was on car that I loved more, a 1993 Cobra. I got my first mustang that was mine as a gift. My dad and I had a deal, if I get a full rid to college he will buy me what ever car I wanted. Well I did not get the full ride, but got 2 years paid for from scholarships. We found a mint 92 GT. It was the original owner, he only drove it on Sunday's when he and his wife would just go cruise through the mountains. Well I had never driven one just knew what they were capable of. When we went to test drive it...that was all she wrote. I fell in love with it and we bought it the next day. I drove it all through college and drove the hell out of it. It now sits in my garage and will be getting a full overhaul soon on the motor and then the body. I will never give that car up! It is going to be passed down to my daughter to drive through high school! For me there is no specific one reason why I love the fox body mustang...there are tons of specific reasons!!! They are such an all around vehicle. You can use them for drag racing, road racing, just normal DD, and they will last for well over 100k with out a glich if taken care of properly, and even then you can beat the hell out of them and they will come back for me. How can any car enthusiast not love a car that will take whatever you can throw at it and come back begging for more!!!

Quick Reply: what is it about the 5.0???