5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

3 inch catback

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:31 PM
vtecisgay

Default 3 inch catback

i was wondering if anyone knows where and from what company i can get a 3 inch catback exhaust for and sn95. ive been looking around and cant find one. i would just have a shop custom make me exhaust but i dont trust my local shops. also ive seen a bunch for fox bodys but none for sn95 any help would be great
thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 10:35 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 3 inch catback

I think I saw a flowmaster kit...try and look there

You have a lot of work to your motor to need 3"?
Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

Do not put 3" exhaust on your car if your engine is not built...You'll just be robbing yourself of low-end torque.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:49 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FordMustangXBA

Do not put 3" exhaust on your car if your engine is not built...You'll just be robbing yourself of low-end torque.

Thing I hate about this site is someone asks a question and all you get is opinion about something different. Maybe wait for him to reply about the work he has done before jumping all over him....besides, if he wants it, who cares.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:51 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

we need more information

maybe he didnt know it robs low end power so maybe he will change his mind?

2.5" is more than enough for a stock/bolt-on application
Old 10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

He didn't ask if he should use it, he asked where to get it. Do you know?
Old 10-05-2006, 10:59 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

Thing I hate about this site is someone asks a question and all you get is opinion about something different. Maybe wait for him to reply about the work he has done before jumping all over him....besides, if he wants it, who cares.
I don't think that's the case at all. FordMustangXBA was offering an opinion pertaining to the question asked in this thread. He didn't "jump" all over anyone!! I would have offered the same advice. It's not like he just said don't do it. He gave a reason as well. Relax dude, that's why ppl come here and ask questions, to learn from others experiences. Trust me, had I known about sites like this one a few years back, my car would have been done up totally different!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:05 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

would just like to add i love the thread authors name
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

I don't think that's the case at all. FordMustangXBA was offering an opinion pertaining to the question asked in this thread. He didn't "jump" all over anyone!! I would have offered the same advice. It's not like he just said don't do it. He gave a reason as well. Relax dude, that's why ppl come here and ask questions, to learn from others experiences. Trust me, had I known about sites like this one a few years back, my car would have been done up totally different!!!

Thanks Pro. I wasn't being confrontational at all stanger, I was just throwing some information out there. He didn't say anything about his car, so I was just covering all the bases. I do know that people who aren't really knowledgeable (not to say that he isn't) see 3" and jump at it just because it's bigger than 2 1/2", so I was just making sure. Apparently it's not a priority anyway, as he hasn't replied to the thread yet, lol. There are a few times I wish people had said stuff to me that they didn't when it comes to the builds and projects I've done, so I'm just sharing knowledge based on experience.

+1 on the name.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I know how it is..Maybe just a bad night for me, but a lot of the time you can get the run around on here, which we can all agree on. All I was pointing out was that no one was helping with his question. Notice in my original post haw I asked wat was done to his motor after I tried to help(flowmaster has no kits for the newer stangs BTW) I guess I'm done

Quick Reply: 3 inch catback