5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

glasspacks vs> flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 06:44 PM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: glasspacks vs> flowmaster

dumps are a bad idea if you have kids, but if you wanna kill yourself go right ahead. I know the GT hatchbacks have holes in the back of the hatch sure they have carpet and that lil piece of cardboard on it but do you really think that those 2 things will keep out carbon monoxide. Get tail pipes, save yourself some hassle later on down the line.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

actually there are ruber stopers in those 2 holes in the hatch back area they are so if it fills with water it can be removed easy. Tail pipes restric the flow of exhust I have dumps and I have no signs of carbon monoxide in my car. go to home depo get a carbon monixied detcotor ( battry operated one0 sitit in the car if it dotn go off after runing a while your good if no tstart looking for where its leaking in
Old 10-07-2006, 07:15 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

he was just asking a question 2kiwk. no need to rag him about it saying hes dumb as hell. uncalled for man. and ya if your weatherstipping is good then you don't have to worry about carbon dioxide, i agree with highplanezdrifter on this one. +1 on what ponyguy said also.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Highplanezdrifter
1st Gear Member

appreciate the backup there fella's. +1 in my book!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:30 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

you might gain 1 horsepower with dump...
ORIGINAL: PONY GUY

actually there are ruber stopers in those 2 holes in the hatch back area they are so if it fills with water it can be removed easy. Tail pipes restric the flow of exhust I have dumps and I have no signs of carbon monoxide in my car. go to home depo get a carbon monixied detcotor ( battry operated one0 sitit in the car if it dotn go off after runing a while your good if no tstart looking for where its leaking in
Old 10-07-2006, 08:31 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

I have dumps...and I've never had any problems at all with exhaust fumes.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:34 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

wasn't ragging giving him sturn advice..and your a fool if you think the car is air tight with the weather stripping.. cars float??????
ORIGINAL: georgiaguy246

he was just asking a question 2kiwk. no need to rag him about it saying hes dumb as hell. uncalled for man. and ya if your weatherstipping is good then you don't have to worry about carbon dioxide, i agree with highplanezdrifter on this one. +1 on what ponyguy said also.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:39 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2 kwik

Actually, I saw a 10hp increase in swapping my flowmasters with tailpipes to my MAC pro dumps.

I just wanted to prove how horrible flowmasters are
Old 10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
infierno
1st Gear Member

I used to have dumps on mine, untill i had to put tailpipes on to pass inspection, only time i ever had a problem was when I got stuck in traffic. Sure dont have them if you have kids, but a Mustang aint really a kid friendly car to begin with .
Old 10-07-2006, 09:40 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: 2 kwik

Actually, I saw a 10hp increase in swapping my flowmasters with tailpipes to my MAC pro dumps.

I just wanted to prove how horrible flowmasters are
thats awesome, what kind of gains do you think I could expect to see by switching to Magnaflows?

Quick Reply: glasspacks vs> flowmaster