5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Boost Cooler Water Methanol Injection

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Boost Cooler Water Methanol Injection

hmm well eh im not gonna test it, i would love to though. maybe before i get a new motor ill play with that stuff on this one. But seriously, if my tranny is leaking..what could that mean!?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:13 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

there's tons of info on this if you use the search...but here's the short/sweet

the mixture optimal mixture is 50/50 distilled water and methanol. w/m injection is best used for boosted engines. it sprays into the intake tract (usually before the tb or after the intercooler) at a preset boost level and does 2 things to gain power. 1 it lowers intake temperatures, 2 it raises the octane count (110+) so you can retune to run more boost and more aggressive timing on pump gas without detonation....when it sprays it's similar to you having race gas in the tank. it also has a steam cleaning effect on deposits. it's really the best bang for the buck mod you can do when boosted. i gained 40whp just spraying it (lower intake temps)....probably could've gained 70-85whp if we tuned for it. i felt the 40whp more than paid for it so i decided to play it safe and not risk the pump failing... even though i have all the saftey accessories. the bad...if you do tune for the meth injection and any reason it doesn't spray...you will go lean and could blow the engine if you don't let out of it (snow performance has something that automatically pulls timing if it doesn't spray...i would have it if i tuned for the w/m). that being said i only know of one person out of many many people who had that happen...it was a guy on here and it happen on the dyno (on a brand new sc'd stang[:-][:@])but the tuner didn't know wtf he was doing

haha guess it wasn't that short/sweet since 10 people post before i finished
Old 10-11-2006, 04:42 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slo5oh

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

So it really isn't for n/a motors? Only for turbo or supercharged engines?

I have a completely stock 95 5.0, it wouldn't be good for my car correct?
it is for all motors. you just wont get the gains on a N/A motor you would get on a boosted motor. i have a meth kit on my car and it got me about 50rwhp. nanaki has the snow meth kit on his car and also got about 50rwhp but both of us run superchargers.

you wont flood your car like slo5oh says if you have the car tuned for the meth.....something you have to do if your n/a or boosted
it definatly will, depending on how much you use. 50/50 will most definatly flood it.
I'm running a water / meth injection and it works great. But I'm also procharged. However, they DO make a kit specifically for N/A motors and it will not flood out your engine.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slo5oh

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

So it really isn't for n/a motors? Only for turbo or supercharged engines?

I have a completely stock 95 5.0, it wouldn't be good for my car correct?
it is for all motors. you just wont get the gains on a N/A motor you would get on a boosted motor. i have a meth kit on my car and it got me about 50rwhp. nanaki has the snow meth kit on his car and also got about 50rwhp but both of us run superchargers.

you wont flood your car like slo5oh says if you have the car tuned for the meth.....something you have to do if your n/a or boosted
it definatly will, depending on how much you use. 50/50 will most definatly flood it.
it will not if you TUNE your car for it like i said. that means pulling fuel out of the injectors so that you dont flood the motor
Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

so there is a kit i could throw on, that can go on a completely stock 95 5.0? I just need to have it tuned correctly? I wouldnt need to upgrade anything?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
tims 88 4
4th Gear Member

i have heard that if you run meth inj if you dont change your oil after like 8 runs of the 1/4 you could risk blowing the whole roteting assembly out of your oil pan
Old 10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

so there is a kit i could throw on, that can go on a completely stock 95 5.0? I just need to have it tuned correctly? I wouldnt need to upgrade anything?
Here's a link to a kit that's build for N/A vehicles. I'm not sure it's worth it though. You're talking about minimal HP gains for $300. And you're only really getting your gains if you're in a hot climate where you really need to cool the air some. Plus you have to run a real aggressiving timing to get the gains. And with an aggressive timing, if anything goes wrong (run out of water / meth, clogged nozzle, bad switch, short circuit, etc) , your engine goes boom.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tims 88 4

i have heard that if you run meth inj if you dont change your oil after like 8 runs of the 1/4 you could risk blowing the whole roteting assembly out of your oil pan
ive never heard that before. if it was true, i would have blown my motor apart long ago. the meth doesnt go any where near the oil so the two have nothing to do with each other.