5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Yayy Sea Foam is great!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Smitty98RT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Yayy Sea Foam is great!!!

What the hell is sea foam?
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

I just did it this morning, its greeeeat.

Put some in my gas tank and my crankcase and in the brake booster. there wasnt much smoke out of the engine, but holy macaronni..alot came out of the exhaust. ALOOOOTTTT.

it was tight.

took the car for a spin and busted WOT. haha

the car idles alot better and this chirping noise i couldnt figure out got a little quiter after it(something with my pulleys). but it fixed alot and it runs and sounds so much better
Why on earth would you put it in your oil? All you're going to do is screw up your bearings. Sure it'll clean it out, im not denying that, that's the whole point. Carbon is like diamond, it's damn hard, now you're breaking all that off in your crankcase, and where does it go? Right through your oil pump, and where does the oil go? Through your bearings. Now everytime you run your car your oil pump is pumping all that carbon through all your bearings, tearing them apart. I've seen many blown motors due to people doing stuff like this. The bearings are always the things to go. It's ok to run through your injection system and your vacuum lines, but not the crankcase. If I were you I'd be doing a good flush of my engine
Bagitupbaby
2nd Gear Member

how do u use taht stuff?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:16 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I hope that there is no carbon build up in your crank case. It should clean up most of the sludge.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:20 PM
94Saleen

ok ,.........i think some of us including me are lost??? we need a "how to" on this seafoam stuff you guys are talking about, i read the replys and i can tell it cleans something what fill us in,............whats the deal???
Old 10-15-2006, 02:30 PM
mrbigshot
3rd Gear Member

depends how you want to use it. you can pour it in the gas to clean the fuel system, you can pour some in the oils to clean gunk and free up lifters, or you can put it into the intake of a running vehgicle slowly untill it stalls to clean the cylinders/ pistons/ valves.

on a carb vehicle slowly pour it down the carb with the engine running, the engine will start to bog. keep pouring slowly intill it dies, let it sit a half hour and start it up. fuel injection vehicles are the same way unless you cant pour it down the intake (never fords and chevys). for these you pull the brake booster vaccume line from the brake booster and install it there. i use a small $.19 funnel from walmart as it allows me to kill the engine like you are supposed to. if you suck it up and the engine doesnt die there wont be enough to do its job. this is why some people dont see lots of smoke. its the seafoam smoaking not the carbon.

any parts store has it for under $6 a can, i buy it at carquest as its under $5
Old 10-15-2006, 02:39 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

lol, i need to get some for my brother, and the old engne, new one is well new (go figure) but when my brother blew a head gasket, we found out A. he has alot of carbon buildup, and B. he was running on 7 cylinders. yeah, i should buy some, and use it, and hell come out and be like WTF, is my engine blown. id love to see the look on his face.