5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I don't even have a intake leak..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default I don't even have a intake leak..

Went to the shop today to get my exhaust shields welded back on, i went to "Meineke", they are the best ever IMO. Well they lookd at alot of other stuff and i dont have much wrong with my car then i thought i did!

NO INTAKE LEAK.

and thats what this other mechanic told me. The people at Meineke even showed me the test and i had no intake leak what so ever, i do have a vacuum leak and my transmission either needs a seal or my bushings wen't or something like that, they dont know until they pull the tranny down a little to see! My headers flange nut came off and i need to get that fixed and my mufflers came off the hanger. Great people!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I don't even have a intake leak..

Were you having an issue with the car?

Personally, I wouldn't trust a Meineke mechanic half as far as I could throw him.
I know they do great exhuast work, but anything on the engine I would question.

Regardless, it's good to hear you don't have any serious issues!!!

Good luck with the ride.

jason
Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

i don't trust mechanics in general, but i do give it up to him. They caught alot of stuff, and even without me asking them to look at something they told me what was wrong iwth my tranny when i even went under it yesterday and saw it leaking. Im gonna let them work on it, i have some trust for them. If they do mess anything up ill just take them to the courts.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

i don't trust mechanics in general, but i do give it up to him. They caught alot of stuff, and even without me asking them to look at something they told me what was wrong iwth my tranny when i even went under it yesterday and saw it leaking. Im gonna let them work on it, i have some trust for them. If they do mess anything up ill just take them to the courts.
Personally, I think that's a bad thing. I mean, i guess it's good if it's really bad and you do need work done. But when you take a car to a shop for one thing and they start poking around at other things, it's like they're just nickling and diming you for everything they can find.

When my GF and I went away on a cruise, her mother took her car to a shop for brakes. Not sure why cause I could have done that myself, but oh well. We get back from the cruise and found over $1,800 in repairs. They replaced wiper blades, replaced exhaust, replaced the WIPER MOTOR!!! among a bunch of other BS. I was absolutely pissed.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Personally, I think that's a bad thing. I mean, i guess it's good if it's really bad and you do need work done. But when you take a car to a shop for one thing and they start poking around at other things, it's like they're just nickling and diming you for everything they can find.

When my GF and I went away on a cruise, her mother took her car to a shop for brakes. Not sure why cause I could have done that myself, but oh well. We get back from the cruise and found over $1,800 in repairs. They replaced wiper blades, replaced exhaust, replaced the WIPER MOTOR!!! among a bunch of other BS. I was absolutely pissed.
Ahaha.. sorry, but it is funny :P God I'd be pissed. Working at a shop myself, I know that that is illegal to do. The mechanic only has the right to fix the problem in which the car was brought in for. So yours for example, he only had the right to fix your brakes. I would've smacked a b**** and made him put all my old stuff back on. And then hope he threw it away, so I could get the new parts for free
Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Liquid_02

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Ahaha.. sorry, but it is funny :P God I'd be pissed. Working at a shop myself, I know that that is illegal to do. The mechanic only has the right to fix the problem in which the car was brought in for. So yours for example, he only had the right to fix your brakes. I would've smacked a b**** and made him put all my old stuff back on. And then hope he threw it away, so I could get the new parts for free
unless he consults the owner/ or the person that brought the car in, and says that the other things are wrong and the owner agrees to get it fixed... but your right he can't just say o this is bad and thats bad i'll just fix it and bill them
Old 10-16-2006, 08:30 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I'm not even gettin' in this debate cuz I'll jus end up bussin' a cap in someone!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:10 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

LOL... the never ending saga of the rip off mechanic and car salesmen and the contractor and the doctor....LOL everyone can find fault in anyone thats why its best to be a jack of all trades and have good instincts and perception of people! Get a second opinion, he may have merit he may not, but until a professional transmission shop looks at it, i wouldn't hold your breath that hes correct, yet. Do some research and learn abou these symtoms and make the best decision and be prepared to live with what you decide.

Lifes pretty simple... as my ol man would say... theres threes kinds of people, the ones getting f-cked, the ones giving the f-ckings, and the f-ckups! Carry a ten inch c-ck attitude, keep your belt tight, your head straight and you'll be fine!