5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Mustang in the Bodyshop! Car's Painted! ***UPDATE***

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Braydon619
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang in the Bodyshop! First Colour Painted!

omg i love that color man lol.... i think what would look cool butt you may not like it is if you were to get a cowl hood and paint the hood black but have just the top of the cowl the red and go towards the front of the car towards the bumber so you would have kinda of like a jut or something of red onto the hood(i don't know how else to explain it lol).... but the way you painted your car looks awesome i might have a new idea lol just different colors.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:09 AM
black89gt
4th Gear Member

cant wait to see it with the bullits... [sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 10-20-2006, 12:12 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

That thing is going to look sick! how much did it cost to get sprayed?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:25 AM
smkshw
2nd Gear Member

that looks killer!...I like the different look..nice,I know how you feel,I couldn't wait to get mine out of the booth after I painted it,makes me want to paint it again...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-20-2006, 03:15 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smkshw

that looks killer!...I like the different look..nice,I know how you feel,I couldn't wait to get mine out of the booth after I painted it,makes me want to paint it again...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
From what I can see, your paintjob looks like glass. Nice job!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:32 AM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

Damn, that looks good. What's funny is that I had someone chop my car almost the same color a few days ago. It doesn't look as good as yours though.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:45 AM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

yeah, thats nice!!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Looks good liquid. Cant wait too see the final product.

smkshw, also very good lookin. You paint it yourself ?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:38 AM
91RedGT
2nd Gear Member

get some new head lights and your car will look perfect
Old 10-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Braydon619

omg i love that color man lol.... i think what would look cool butt you may not like it is if you were to get a cowl hood and paint the hood black but have just the top of the cowl the red and go towards the front of the car towards the bumber so you would have kinda of like a jut or something of red onto the hood(i don't know how else to explain it lol).... but the way you painted your car looks awesome i might have a new idea lol just different colors.
Already have the hood for it, Mach 2 hood, waiting for me to pick it up. I don't like cowl's personally. This one here:

ORIGINAL: TMG

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Looks like its going to look awesome when finished. Are you going to put pin striping inbetween the 2 colors?
Ya dude a silver stripe would look dope.
Mmmm... not sure about silver, silver isn't enough to break up the colours I don't think, I'm thinking it's going to have to be a purple or a green, something along them lines, I'm going to get a few samples from a stripe shop tomorrow and try them out, see what looks best.

ORIGINAL: 91RedGT

get some new head lights and your car will look perfect
I got headlights for it, I have a set of 1 piece black headlights for it. I have everything to complete the car, just have to wait for it to dry a bit to work on it, will drive it outta there to my dads shop saturday (about half a block away...burning off the donuts in the process )

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

That thing is going to look sick! how much did it cost to get sprayed?
Well... I walked in today, an few hours after I saw the final product and asked the big guy how much I owed him (I was talking to the employees and they were saying at least 7 grand to start this off, it was a lot of work, rust repair, rad support mods, driver door HAD to be repaired.. for reasons best left un-said.. blah blah blah) anyway. He walks me out front and says, "You might want to sit down for this" so I just laughed and he said "Twenty-Seven Hundred".... Then there's me "No way! You've got to be kidding me, that's it?!" I had to ask him a few times to make sure he wasn't pullin my leg. (this guy's a friend of the family so ya, I get killer deals) so $2700 and I drive it out, but, I'm gonna give him $3500.

ORIGINAL: black89gt

cant wait to see it with the bullits... [sm=drooldude.gif]
That, actually, is the ABSOLUTE first thing I'm doing when I get it back, as I am now petrified of them not fitting with the fenders on the car...The donut I have on the passenger side hardly fits, now change that to a 245... I just don't know. I'll be pissed

Thanks for all the great comments guys! It's good to know all this work hasn't gone to waste

Quick Reply: Mustang in the Bodyshop! Car's Painted! ***UPDATE***