MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Which Intake???? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/194633-which-intake.html)

jthorn9 10-18-2006 07:24 PM

Which Intake????

OK now I'm onto looking at intakes, but I'm not too sure as to what way to go because I'm not sure what all has been done to the internals, I'm 75% sure it's been bored to somewhere between a 327 and a 351 to make that 277 rwhp and 360lbs of torque I have. Any who here are the intakes I've been considering, but I'm not too sure as to what one will work the best. I already know I need to up my injectors to 24 or 30lb, I'm thinking I may have to go 30 as I'm going with an 100lb shot of N2O to boot, but here's my list of intakes, oh I'm going polished because I'm building a show car and everything else under the hood is polished chrome:

Polished Cobra Intake - looks very clean, but I'm worried about the fake FFRP intakes that may cause install issues, and I'm worried they it just may not be enough
Polished Trick Flow Street Heat - don't like the look as much as the Cobra, but seems to be decent for my needs, although I'm still not sure on this as it may not be enough
Polished Tick Flow Track Heat - same as other, but I'm affraid it may be a hair too much
Polished Hollwy - Looks decent, but very pricy but is it worth it

So inshort what injectors should I run for one of these intakes and a 100lb shot of N2O and what intake do you all find to be the best for my setup. Damn I hate not knowing too much about the 5.0 as 70% of my knowledge is with sixers.[:@]

OneFine89Mustang 10-18-2006 07:25 PM

RE: Which Intake????

trickflow

Ninety5five0 10-18-2006 07:28 PM

I'd go with a trickflow intake, and i thought they discontinued 30# injectors, correct me if i'm wrong. But 30#ers should be good for your applications. Maybe even bigger than 30#ers.

jthorn9 10-19-2006 03:31 AM

Any other opinions?

7upedition 10-19-2006 09:44 AM

I'm partial to TrickFlow but the Holley is real nice looking but more $$$! Either way good choices!

nseoi 10-19-2006 10:12 AM

what about that bbk one they have in 50resto, i never hear anyone talk about it but i love the look, its nothing like the stock one or the others that look all 'fat'
it is kinda pricey tho

4fit? 10-19-2006 10:14 AM

Trick Flow.

warthrone 10-19-2006 10:45 AM

Trick Flow is nice BUT if you're on a budget I would go with the Professional Products Typhoon intake. its a replica of the Edelbrock intake which flows amazing... sure I know **** China and buy American, and I agree, but, like I said the price is almost half that of The Trick Flow, BBK, or Edelbrock.. check out www.blueovalindustries.com, he's got some decent prices on those.

7upedition 10-19-2006 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: nseoi

what about that bbk one they have in 50resto, i never hear anyone talk about it but i love the look, its nothing like the stock one or the others that look all 'fat'
it is kinda pricey tho
are you talking about the BBK SSI intake, r barn bought it and was highly dissappointed.... he could elaborate for you...

89gtsleeper 10-19-2006 12:09 PM

Do the holley systemax intake. The ports are larger than the trickflow's. Also, the 30lb nijectors if anything, are too big for your current application. Even with the systemax intake, the 30 lbs will be more than enough. Even 24 lbs would work fine. That's what I run on mine, and it makes nearly 400 crank hp.