5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

some told me come here? please help

Old 10-19-2006, 01:45 AM
gr84u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: some told me come here? please help

Wow, funny thread. I hate to steal, but rather I will add. My 90GT (AOD) is slow off start, no tailpipes. My 87Notch (T5) faster, no tailpipes. We have to assume you have a T5 (manual) because you said you have to rev it hard to get in gear?
Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 AM
89 mustang
2nd Gear Member

WELCOME!!! this sounds like my car, its doing the same thing, only once in a while! well I have a air/fuel gage. every time I punch it and it don't run how it should I noticed that my A/F gage leans out for like 2 seconds then it jumps up to the rich. so its got some thing to do whit the fuel delivery system.

when you say " And some times it studders like crazy " this is a dead give a way , Your engine is not getting very god fuel win this happens. the firs thing you should do is check your fuel pressure. Normal is any were from 30 psi to 45 psi. If its low replace the filter . It could also be a bad pump. hope this helps
Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.... i think...
Old 10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
xmonielx
1st Gear Member

Yeah it studders while i push the gas pedal while in first and yes it is at a dead stop. and it is a stick shift as well. i did get the clutch changed out. you guys have some really good ideas i have to check everything that was said and we will see how it goes.

thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
xmonielx
1st Gear Member

i will have pics soon
Old 10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xmonielx

Yeah it studders while i push the gas pedal while in first and yes it is at a dead stop. and it is a stick shift as well. i did get the clutch changed out. you guys have some really good ideas i have to check everything that was said and we will see how it goes.

thanks
It would definately do that if you had a vacuum leak problem. Of course other things could cause it as well, but I like to start with small simple things first.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:01 PM
xmonielx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: xmonielx

thanks
It would definately do that if you had a vacuum leak problem. Of course other things could cause it as well, but I like to start with small simple things first.
OKay i know one thing that i can't understand what the previous owner did

right where all the vaccum hoses meet up there are three hoses connecting to a block, The block has seven outlets and three that are capped and the seventh has a breather air filter on it??? when i take the filter off and cap that extra end it starts but then it justs studders and eventually dies out. Is this the right connecter for the vaccum hoses???? i cant find a fourth hose laying around so i dont know if this is it here are some pics

oh yeah by the way here is a pic of the car getting i bought new rims and tires wont be put on till monday so dont laugh at my current ones
Old 10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yea i dunno whats up w. that, but ima bet that that has alot to do w. your prob... w.e. they tryed to accomplish by doing that aperantly its not workin out too well.... id look into puttin that back how it should be and go from there..
Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

++++++1
Old 10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

wow... i dont even wanna know what kinda car that is... sad thing, i know ppl that would think its the "shiznit"[]
Toyota Corolla. Some people already think theyre the greatest cars because of drifting.
Theres one at the local drag track that runs 12.8's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: some told me come here? please help