5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Cams..,Cams

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:47 AM
bzlover
2nd Gear Member

Default Cams..,Cams

hey guys..., i am shopping for a cam and there are so many i dont know witch to choose from..? i want good high end., thats for sure! o yeah and i also have an auto tranyy with a small stall of 2,200..!! street!!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Cams..,Cams

ORIGINAL: bzlover

hey guys..., i am shopping for a cam and there are so many i dont know witch to choose from..? i want good high end., thats for sure! o yeah and i also have an auto tranyy with a small stall of 2,200..!! street!!
Lol, a high-rpm cam with a 2200 rpm stall is a recipe for a dog on the street. You need to stick with something under .515 lift or so and reasonable duration. Jmho
Old 10-19-2006, 03:00 AM
bzlover
2nd Gear Member

Lol, a high-rpm cam with a 2200 rpm stall is a recipe for a dog on the street. You need to stick with something under .515 lift or so and reasonable duration. Jmho

A good dog or bad dog..? haha..? what do you sugg..?
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

watch out... stanger88 will tell you to put an x cam in with gt-40p heads... so that way you dont have any more power than him

Go with a trick flow stage 1 and 1.6 roller rockers. However you wont make **** for power on stock heads.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:16 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

watch out... stanger88 will tell you to put an x cam in with gt-40p heads... so that way you dont have any more power than him

Go with a trick flow stage 1 and 1.6 roller rockers. However you wont make **** for power on stock heads.

Hey genius, look at what I advised and think about it, also think about the fact that I made just as much hp as a FRPP SVO crate with aluminum heads. Go find the post genius, he made 270whp with an electric fan (I have flex) and he has a shortbelt (I didnt) and he had a T5 with 3.55's . If I had the black magic electric fan and the shortbelt and a lighter tranny/less gear I would easily have hit the same 270 whp. You need to look at things again there man.

Flex fan= AT LEAST 10whp less than electric
short belt = AT LEAST 5whp
and the tranny/gears are another 5whp on a dyno AT LEAST

so his MOTOR made 5whp more than me....big hoo hah, try again asshat.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:17 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

^oh, with aluminum heads to boot! (vs my iron GT40P's)

Performance
-Engine swap from factory 5.0 to Ford Racing 302 5.0 Crate Motor
-GT-40 SVO Heads
-Edelbrock 70MM Throttle Body
-Edelbrock 5.0 Performer 5.0 RPM Intake
-MAC Cold Air Induction
-K&N Air Filter
-MSD Billet TFI Distributor
-Crane Fireball Ignition Box and Coil
-MAC Exhaust with H pipe
-3" MAC Exhaust Tips
-Center Force Dual Friction Clutch
-Stock T-5 Tranny
-8.8 rearend
-3.55 gears
-BBK 1-5/8" Equal Length Short-Tube Headers
-24 pound hr injectors and larger Mass Air Flow sensor
-Battery Relocated to the Rear
-Moroso Battery Relocater Kit
-Stabilizer Bar
-Chrome-plated Upper Radiator Brackets
-Power Master 1 wire Alternator
-Black Magic Electric Fan
-Mallory Fuel Pressure Regulator
-A/C Eliminator
-Ford Racing 9mm Spark Plug Wires
-Moroso Overflow Tank
-Cobra (Blue) Pulleys

Exterior
-Cobra R Cowl Hood
-Cobra Rear Bumper
-Stalker Front End
-17" Chrome Cobra Rims
-Viper Blue Paint Job
-Clear Corner Lights
-Cobra Side Skirts
-Saleen Wing
-Lowered
-Steeda Oval

Interior
-White Gauge Insert
-Sony Explode Head Unit
-Pioneer Speakers all around
-Steeda Billet A/C Controls
-Black Rear Carpeting
-Grey Front Interior
-Stabilizer Bar

Thats his 270whp combo.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:18 AM
bzlover
2nd Gear Member

im not ganna put heads in it til a lil while frm now..! i know i cant get that much power out of a cam but i want some power atleast..!!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:24 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: stanger88

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

Hey genius, look at what I advised and think about it, also think about the fact that I made just as much hp as a FRPP SVO crate with aluminum heads. Go find the post genius, he made 270whp with an electric fan (I have flex) and he has a shortbelt (I didnt) and he had a T5 with 3.55's . If I had the black magic electric fan and the shortbelt and a lighter tranny/less gear I would easily have hit the same 270 whp. You need to look at things again there man.

Flex fan= AT LEAST 10whp less than electric
short belt = AT LEAST 5whp
and the tranny/gears are another 5whp on a dyno AT LEAST

so his MOTOR made 5whp more than me....big hoo hah, try again asshat.
Whos the asshat.. oh wait, thats right. i still have 25 more HP then you do and my motor is still completely stock...

stfu, your combo sucks
Old 10-19-2006, 07:31 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

well i have 60+hp than you so[:-].............10hp for taken clutch fan off for electric? come on...5hp for gears/tranny? ok[&:]

this is funny...you need to really think about your set up first...some cams work some don't
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 PM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

well i have 60+hp than you so[:-].............10hp for taken clutch fan off for electric? come on...5hp for gears/tranny? ok[&:]

this is funny...you need to really think about your set up first...some cams work some don't

Apparently none of you know much about how dyno-jets work. 4.10's will cost about 8-10whp. Ask ANY dyno operator. And my cam does a damn good job. My combo ****ing rocks considering he has aluminum heads and his motor only makes 5whp more than mine (considering an electric fan and short-belt would get me right up there to about 260-265). An electric fan is worth about 15whp over a clutch fan, much less my huge stainless flex fan. You guys just have a problem accepting that other people make power in other ways. Sorry for your narrowmindedness. I know you have all done the math and seen the logic in it, so why not man up? Hell, when im wrong I man up to it. You totally missed the point that my motor has more compression than yours dreamed of. Maybe THATS why I can get away with a bit more lift...look it up sometime. Call and ask an engine-builder since you dont know, increased compression "hides" lift. True, my heads suck, but I only make 5 or so hp less than this SVO aluminum headed crate motor, im pumped

Quick Reply: Cams..,Cams