5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

procharger.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:49 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger.........

Technically I am running an intercooler, but not in the way you're thinking. I skipped out on the intercooler because it isn't really needed with a procharger at only 10 PSI of boost. But I did add a water / meth injection, which is chemical intercooling. But then I took that off and added a small N2O shot which basically has the same effect (if I use the smaller jet sizes.)

To be honest, I don't know where I would put an actual intercooler. That's precious real estate up front there, especially in my sn95. And I already have a tranny cooler I'm running near there.

Even without any intercooling though, this thing kicks ***! Looks great, sounds great, and runs great. The only semi-downside is having to change the oil. VERY hard to get to in my cramped engine bay. Oh, and there's one more thing that pisses me off. The oil for the procharger is light blue. Well the dipstick to check the oil is dark blue. I have to check at least 4 - 5 times just to know where my level is cause I cant tell! And even then I'm not 100% sure. Not sure what they were thinking there.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Scout2232
4th Gear Member

Procharger does make carb systems, for 302's though. Best way to be sure is to call them, they know their product better than anyone on here would.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Procharger doesnt make carb systems, You can buy a Vortech CARB hat and custom make some pipes to make it work.

Vortech and Paxton are the only ones that make Carb hats for there SC.

As for calling us ******, We are not ******, We are trying to help you. Your getting alot of information wrong.

Like when you were saying procharger is a turpo and a SC is different, you need to know what your talking about before you post somthing if you dont want to get flamed
Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Scout2232
4th Gear Member

Procharger does too make carb systems. Go on the site and look. http://www.procharger.com/systems.shtml see the carb tab? Ok then.

Speaking of knowing what they're talking about...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:07 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

o boy is this going to be another heated night? lol
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Technically I am running an intercooler, but not in the way you're thinking. I skipped out on the intercooler because it isn't really needed with a procharger at only 10 PSI of boost. But I did add a water / meth injection, which is chemical intercooling. But then I took that off and added a small N2O shot which basically has the same effect (if I use the smaller jet sizes.)

To be honest, I don't know where I would put an actual intercooler. That's precious real estate up front there, especially in my sn95. And I already have a tranny cooler I'm running near there.

Even without any intercooling though, this thing kicks ***! Looks great, sounds great, and runs great. The only semi-downside is having to change the oil. VERY hard to get to in my cramped engine bay. Oh, and there's one more thing that pisses me off. The oil for the procharger is light blue. Well the dipstick to check the oil is dark blue. I have to check at least 4 - 5 times just to know where my level is cause I cant tell! And even then I'm not 100% sure. Not sure what they were thinking there.
Techincally it is a aftercooler. Anything after the blower or turbo is aftercooled, me and Nanaki had a conversation about it.

And I have seen a Procharged 289 with a carb bonnet. Don't know about a 351 though. I would say yeah.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scout2232

Procharger does too make carb systems. Go on the site and look. http://www.procharger.com/systems.shtml see the carb tab? Ok then.

Speaking of knowing what they're talking about...
We were talking about Carb alpications for Fox Mustangs. Im sure they have applications for carbs but we were refering to Fox bodyMustang
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

http://www.procharger.com/chevy.shtml, all of there carb setups are for chevys [:'(]
Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

Techincally it is a aftercooler.
Damn. I just got pwned!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Scout2232
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

http://www.procharger.com/chevy.shtml, all of there carb setups are for chevys [:'(]
That was a for example, check the application guide and you'll see they have a carbed one for the 302's also. Anyways like I was saying ask the people from ATI about it they'll know more than we will and this way we don't get all aggro and argue about it all night.