MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   My wife took the car to the drag. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/195261-my-wife-took-the-car-to-the-drag.html)

gothikka 10-20-2006 02:46 AM

My wife took the car to the drag.

Man I picked a good one. haha

The car on the other hand did not do so well. haha She ran a 15.5 with a 2.3 60 ft time. I'm not sure what her trap speed was but I'm guessing around 93-96. She ran the vette to a 12.87 with a 2.2 60 ft at 110 MPH. Not to damn bad for her 2nd time out if you ask me.

The Mustang is a POS still...she just bought it for $500 a few days ago. Its going to be my new project when I get home from the middle east. Is the 15.5 an average time for a 1989 GT vert? I thought that was a bit high.

Stevens91gt 10-20-2006 02:52 AM

RE: My wife took the car to the drag.

umm sounds like a good time
there are no mods on it right?

gothikka 10-20-2006 02:54 AM

I'm pretty sure its stock.

The only mod I could see from the pictures she sent me was a big ass dent in the front fender. lol

Stevens91gt 10-20-2006 03:00 AM

haha well that seems like a decent time

90mustang5.8 10-20-2006 03:04 AM

ya that's a pretty good time for a STOCK gt......

gothikka 10-20-2006 03:07 AM

Well thats good to hear. I thought I was going to have to rebuild the engine before I drove it. I guess I can just get it painted, get a new top for it and drive it. I already ordered the trick flow top end hit for it....I cant wait to install it.

Stevens91gt 10-20-2006 03:08 AM

haha nice man..dont forget the gears, TB, MAF, and full exhaust

haha i want the tf top end kit :(

gothikka 10-20-2006 03:16 AM

Ya, I hear ya man. I love how the stangs sound will full exhust. I can honestly say that there is no other car that sounds as good as the mustang with LT headrs and flowmaster exhaust.

I'm going to get all the parts I need for the drive train rebuild before I even start on it. It will probably be stock until April. I don't want to do a little bit at a time I just want to do it all in one shot. Actually the first thing I'm going to do to it is the interior. I have to get new carpet, dash, center counsol, and the seats covered in leather. When I get that all done I will bring it to a shop to have all the drive train work done. Then last but not least I will have it painted. My brother owns a body shop so that will only cost me the price of the paint and a few 30 packs while we do it. :D When I get that all done the car will go up for sale....I don't plan on making much money off it so somebody will get a pretty nice Stang for a bad ass price. Then....I'll do it all over again. lol

Stevens91gt 10-20-2006 03:19 AM

aww..you're gonna sell it!?

wackkkkk

but hey..your choice

and where are you located? haha

gothikka 10-20-2006 03:27 AM

Ya, I'm going to sell it. I just got done with a GN clone and now I'm going to start this Mustang. I drive them for a few months before I sell them just to make sure I don't sell somebody a piece of crap. You never really know whats wrong with a car until you drive it for a while.

The GN clone was pretty cool. I bought an 87 Regal and painted it just like a GN (hood, rims, the works) but on the hood it didn't say 3.8 Turbo it said 383 Stroker. :) I learned a lot from building that car....I think I can do it much more efficently witht he mustang.

I even had all the GN interior....I didn't want to sell that car but I didn't have anything to work on so I got board.lol I'm sure the same thing is going to happen when I get done with this stang. I have always loved the 5.0 mustangs but for some reason I have never owned one.

BTW...I'm in Tucson Arizona. When the car is done I will offer it to forum members first and it it doesnt sell within a few months I will put it on Ebay. Its not going to be done for a long time though.