5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Check out the anonymous note left on my 88 GT....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:55 PM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Default Check out the anonymous note left on my 88 GT....

Ok, I left my 88 outside last night because I had the 98 in the garage replacing the brakes. I am outside today around 1 and find an envelope on my windshield. It only said "Mr. Mustang" on the front.

So I take it around to my wife thinking someone saw it and wanted to buy it. Well, I open it to get an unsuspected surprise. Here is what the letter said:

"In case you have not noticed, this is a neighborhood. I realize it may make you feel like a man to drive that obnoxious junk through the neighborhood, but get over it!! There are pets and children that also live in your selfish world! So please be considerate and grow up!! The only reason I am not applying my name in this letter is because my wife and kids dont want me to get in trouble again for beating someone down."

WTF????????

First off, I have NEVER driven EITHER of my Stangs or any vehicle for that matter over the posted speed limit of 25. It is a small neighborhood and it is packed with kids outside on bicycles or whatever. I drive it around about three times a week just to keep it running and everything working. It is loud due to no exhaust, but I dont rev it up. I dont think it has ever gotten out of third gear. Damnit this pisses me off!! This guy came into my yard and left this on my window last night like some punk *** bitch.

If he had issues with me on the car, he couldve came to me and I would have gladly worked something out with him. I think he is jealous or something.

I have a 5 month old myself so I do think about the kids. Most of them are waving when I go by or telling me to "spin out". But I dont. I couldnt live with myself if a kid got hurt cause of me.

Funny thing is the guy made no mention of the other 3 stang owners around the corner that have burnout marks all in front of their house, or the Z28 next to them with the same thing, or the guy that drives his circle track race car through the neighborhood!!

He also didnt mention the teenagers that throw a party every Friday, and Saturday night until about 3 amThey always have a ton of cars, really loud emo music, people screaming and yelling, and beer cans all up and down the ditches in front of our houses!! Just last night they were outside blocking the road with cars drinking and shooting a pellet gun at the stopsigns. They came walking up the street in front of my house shooting at the neighbor's dogs with the gun. I was on the front porch, and when they came around the corner of the street it looked like they aimed at my stangs. So I bolted off the front porch and when they saw me they ran.

They drive around the subdivision on 4wheelers popping wheelies and drinking like fish.

What the hell? Think this guy is just jealous or wanting to start ****? I've been here almost two years and have never had a problem with anyone.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:58 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Check out the anonymous note left on my 88 GT....

well first call the police on these asses...the reason he didn't leave his name is because he and his wife knows he's a *****
Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 PM
mpswirl
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like he doesnt like loud cars and hes taking it out on you.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Put a HUGE sign in your hard saying " Mr.Anonymus, if you have a problem with my car, talk to me like a man, and grow up"
I'm sure he'll see it. Or go around to every mail box and leave a note, i'm sure you'll get his too. HAHA.
That guy sounds like a real douche, if he does come talk to you, you should just kick his a$$ for the fun of it.
And tell those kid to turn off the emo music or cut themselves already.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:11 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

his just a stupid bitch that needs to be put in his place... i would personally set up a video camera and run it at nite... do u have a window that over looks you driveway so u can get a nice good shot of you stang.... then if the bitch tried another balless move of sneaking around at nite u got him... and even better if himm touches you car ruin his life... i hate ******** with no respect... ok fine u dont like ford or mustang at least respect them... i hate camaros but i dont go **** with camaro owners... hell one of my friends owns one... just watch out for you family and your stang man... and if you not donig anything wrong... which i agree u arent.. then keep on with you daily life and let him make his nexted move... look into the camcorder... u cant spend all nite waiting your stang u have to get a lil sleep
Old 10-22-2006, 11:13 PM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Well, I'm not calling the cops YET. I'm also NOT gonna stop driving my cars around the neighborhood. I talked to three of my neighbors and showed them the letter this afternoon. They all said they didnt see what the big deal was (all have kids under5 years old). They said I seemed to be curteous and not do it after dark and I was careful from what they could tell, so it didnt matter to them. They also noticed the letter on the windshield when they were driving by early this morning. They said it had to have been done last night.

But I am gonna send a letter out in the neighborhood since I cant say who sent it from Mr. Mustang.

This is basically what its gonna say:

To whom it may concern:

****If this letter does not pertain to you, please disregard it.*****

Thank you for leaving such a lovely letter on the windshield of my car last night. It seems to me that you may be having some issues with my owning these cars. If you really want to do some good, please contact me in person rather than this letter. I am not a violent person, and you can rest assured all I want to do is discuss your issues and find a common ground for us both. These are MY cars that I bought and paid for. I have been trying my hardest to follow all laws, and make sure I am considerate to all the families in this area. But if this isnt working for you, maybe there are other options as well. But you need to contact me to discuss this further. On another note though, please do not leave comments such as the last one in the letter saying you beat someone down. I do take that as a threat and I dont feel that threats are necessary to resolve this issue.

Then if that doesnt work and I do find out who did it, I'm gonna go ahead and finish off my M/T Street radials on his driveway.[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 PM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

I have surveillance cameras. I just need to dig em out. And if the guy ever messed with my wife or son I'd kill him, so once again no need for cops. Im not gonna kick his *** as long as he stops sneaking around my rides and my property at night or when im not home. Dickless wonder...I think he must be new in the neighborhood, cause for two years no one has said a word. Everyone in here knows a lot of us work on cars at our house and have fast cars. I can look out my front door right now and see 4 guys that have a mechanic shop in their garage.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
I3atR!ce
3rd Gear Member

i like Ninety5five0 idea with the big sign... i can see me doing something like that... and then just sitting in my car the whole day reving the engin in my drive way...
Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 PM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Oh I took my 88 for a few hotlaps around the neighborhood after reading the message trying to lure him out.... A neighbor a few houses down came outside and watched me for a few minutes, but he doesnt seem the type to do something like that.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:32 PM
macgyver
1st Gear Member

I've had neighbors like that. They move in and think they own the place. I've been yelled at to slow down just because my car was loud. F*** um

Quick Reply: Check out the anonymous note left on my 88 GT....