MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   FRPP Valve Cover Clearance w/ TF Manifold... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/196994-frpp-valve-cover-clearance-w-tf-manifold.html)

88BlueGT 10-24-2006 01:43 PM

FRPP Valve Cover Clearance w/ TF Manifold...

I was going to install my TF ST manifold yesterday along w/ my Strange 10 ways but I decided against it because I wanted to do my valve covers at the same time. I decided to get these... http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku the FRPP tall valve covers. Will I have any clearance issues with the street heat manifold and the tall covers? I was told they are 3 3/4' tall if that helps any.

Also, why I am ordering the VC's does anyone have a recommendation for gaskets?

THANKS!!!

warthrone 10-24-2006 01:53 PM

RE: FRPP Valve Cover Clearance w/ TF Manifold...

On that same note, I have to ask another question, with that setup does the oil fill/breather cap get in the way of the intake? I want to buy those same valve covers but I don't know if it will clear or have room to put oil in the car cause the fillhole is on the other side... anybody know about this?

I know they sell the special valve covers where the Fillhole is on the right side, but theyre more expensive, and dont look as good as the ford racing in my opinion.

OJMiles 10-24-2006 01:54 PM

I dont think they'll fit... so you should sell me the manifold :-)

88BlueGT 10-24-2006 02:04 PM

HAHA YEA RIGHT! I just spent like 20 hours painting it. I ended up painting it flat black and tapped off the "TrickFlow" and painted it red to match my car, came out pretty nice! It will match the VC's PERFECT.

88BlueGT 10-24-2006 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: warthrone

On that same note, I have to ask another question, with that setup does the oil fill/breather cap get in the way of the intake? I want to buy those same valve covers but I don't know if it will clear or have room to put oil in the car cause the fillhole is on the other side... anybody know about this?

I know they sell the special valve covers where the Fillhole is on the right side, but theyre more expensive, and dont look as good as the ford racing in my opinion.
Thanks for that too... I didnt even think about that.

Also, do they make a breather to match the black/red covers? I have two breatheres already but I dont like them....

gspfunk 10-24-2006 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I was going to install my TF ST manifold yesterday along w/ my Strange 10 ways but I decided against it because I wanted to do my valve covers at the same time. I decided to get these... http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku the FRPP tall valve covers. Will I have any clearance issues with the street heat manifold and the tall covers? I was told they are 3 3/4' tall if that helps any.

Also, why I am ordering the VC's does anyone have a recommendation for gaskets?

THANKS!!!
Whaddap, Blue?!?!? That's the exact same thing I'm running. Now for the bad news....

You'll need the 1" phenolic spacer to go between the upper and lower; you'll have to grind/Dremmel the throttle linkage to fit over the pass. side valve cover; and you'll want to start looking for a cowl hood (at least 1.5" or so).

I'm running the stock hood on mine right now, but it bumps the top of the intake on the driver's side (will slowly wear off your painted intake) and it also bumps the EGR spacer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10560/7F712B8E3A2644A5A466FB65598FE008.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10560/A9E8D8A7C5E14E94A44B652E281AF9FA.jpg[/IMG]

gspfunk 10-24-2006 02:24 PM

Also, I went w/ the Trickflow rubber valve cover gaskets from summit. They are really nice and cheaper than FRPP or Felpro.

I'm running 2 Mr. Gasket valve cover breathers, 1 on each side. They're decent and were $6 at O'reilly's. The drivers side fits perfectly (snug) under the upper intake and the passenger side will go on just fine, depending on how you modified your throttle linkage. Let me know if I can help any more...

warthrone 10-24-2006 02:42 PM

is it a problem filling it with oil though?

88BlueGT 10-24-2006 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

Also, I went w/ the Trickflow rubber valve cover gaskets from summit. They are really nice and cheaper than FRPP or Felpro.

I'm running 2 Mr. Gasket valve cover breathers, 1 on each side. They're decent and were $6 at O'reilly's. The drivers side fits perfectly (snug) under the upper intake and the passenger side will go on just fine, depending on how you modified your throttle linkage. Let me know if I can help any more...
Wow! So let me get this straight... even with the 1' spacer you still had to grind the linkage ?! So basically, there is no way I can run those VC's with the manifold with the stock hood and no spacer? That really sucks if this is the case.

I guess Im not installing it anytime soon than because I have so many other projects going on right now with the car... Trying to get the front suspension done, rear suspension done, get gears put it (already have them), etc. And I really wasnt planning on spending money for a hood yet... let me know. Thanks!

88BlueGT 10-24-2006 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: warthrone

is it a problem filling it with oil though?
Buy a funnel for like 3 dollars from AutoZone .... or a beer funnel if you have one laying around :D