5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what do ya think of this suspension set up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:39 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default what do ya think of this suspension set up?

ok cars all stock right now... lets hear opinions on this set up idea i have....

subframe connectors

steeda adjustable upper control arms
steeda upper control arms, high horsepower, drag use.
eibach v8 drag launch series spring kit
50/50s in the back- maybe adjustables(worth it on the rear?)
strange adjustables up front
MT et streets
3.55s
stronger axles(still 28 spline, but stronger ones)

anything im missing? anything here that shouldnt be? car is a daily driver, but it sees the strip abut once a week, or maybe once every two weeks... is this to agressive for a streetcar that sees the track alot? o and also... w. all that, are quad shocks still nessacery? if so theyll be getting replaced, if not, ill fit me a wider rim and tire under there
Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 AM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: what do ya think of this suspension set up?

if that's to agressive for a street car, i don't know whats gunna happen with mine [:-][:-]
Old 10-25-2006, 01:55 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

i dont think it is... but hey i could be wrong... i know its over kill for the motor being stock... but i wanna do it right, i dont wanna get by now and then make more power later and have to upgrade the suspension again... yano...
Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

90/10s are pretty agressive for a mostly street car. Go with the strange 10 ways for the front and back. If you're going with drag radials I'd get a separate set of wheels that way you don't use up those MT's. The drag springs will give the car a funny stance (higher in the front than the rear) I almost went with the eibach drag launches until I had seen some pictures. I opted for the FRPP C springs, I love the stance that it's got now, it's higher in the rear than in the front, and it's easy to drive on the street. Everything else looks okay though. But go with what you want, don't let us decide for you.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:59 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

i dont think it is... but hey i could be wrong... i know its over kill for the motor being stock... but i wanna do it right, i dont wanna get by now and then make more power later and have to upgrade the suspension again... yano...
RSW007 is in the 12's on a bone stock motor and AOD transmission. he's got quite a bit of work done to the drivetrain and suspension though. You can never have an overkilled suspension.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:01 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

whats diff about the strange 10 ways? and yea i have a set of rims for DRs already... theyll only go on at the track...right now my rear actually sits lower than the front(just old and worn out tho)... any pics of that set up vs the strange 10 ways?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:03 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yall think 30/70s would be more practical, since i still drive it everyday... honestly im not concerned w. ride comfort at all... all about the performance...
Old 10-25-2006, 02:04 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

None right now that are very good, I'll get some, sometime this week. With those lakewoods up front, on take off, it changes your alignment and really raises up your front end and can put you in some dangerous situations (this is all from what a tech at summit racing told me). I think you'll appreciate the adjustables more than being stuck with a non adjustable drag shock and strut.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:05 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

save up for the stranges...
Old 10-25-2006, 02:10 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

would it be ok to use adjustable lakewoods up front, and stick w. non adjusting 50/50s in the back??

Quick Reply: what do ya think of this suspension set up?