5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

about my Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:03 AM
biggboy0207

Default about my Exhaust

well now that i have everything in the stang working and read to go the next step is Exhaust.
right now i have an x pipe with dumps cut right under my driver and pass seat and i cant stand the vibration and fumes that pore out. at first i liked it alot but the women said it was annoying and to be honest for my eveyday dirver its getting to me! so i know this is an ongoing debate but tommrow i would like to get this taken care of at my local muffler shop. what i want is something that rumbles when i am at idle and screams with deep tone when i am eating it up.. i want it deep and load.. any suggestions.

someone told me to get 2 chamber flows. my buddy has magana flows but they just arnt load ebough for my taste...
Old 10-26-2006, 02:21 AM
1fast50
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: about my Exhaust

my buddy has some spin tech mufflers.. and damn are they loud.. you can hear them from down the block.. but here is a website
http://www.donjohnii.com/Pages/Exhaust_Clips_Page.html
Old 10-26-2006, 02:34 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

get flows if you want.... to sound like everyother stang. nothin wrong w. flows but to me there our version of ricers fart cans... magnaflow sounds good... personally gonna go w. slps... there loud but not the deep your looking for... id say just check out some sound clips... i forget the site but its a forum w. a soudclip section... something mustang... or mustang something... i cant remember... sorry... if i remember ill post it.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:40 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

SLP 1s for the motha*&@#ing win!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:46 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

hellz yea[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 10-26-2006, 02:55 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

get flows if you want.... to sound like everyother stang. nothin wrong w. flows but to me there our version of ricers fart cans... magnaflow sounds good... personally gonna go w. slps... there loud but not the deep your looking for... id say just check out some sound clips... i forget the site but its a forum w. a soudclip section... something mustang... or mustang something... i cant remember... sorry... if i remember ill post it.
there is no way that is true, b/c when I drive my car people dont look at it disgusted and say, "God another stupid Mustang driver with Flows!" while they shake their head...
Old 10-26-2006, 03:01 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

no no no... i mean thats how common they are... when you see rice what does it have on it? a damn fart can... very few dont... they all seem to rock the same shyt... thats what i mean...i personally like the sound of them, buddy of mine has them on his 88 z28, sounds great... just too common i think...
Old 10-26-2006, 03:21 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I guess I see what you're saying, but i think its a weak excuse for people to rag on them...
Old 10-26-2006, 03:27 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

its the same reason i didnt get a new edge stang... way to common here...i have the only clean fox round my way... and i like that cuz its diff... ppl ask what i drive and i tell them its a stang... and they assume i mean a new edge... nothing wrong w. those cars at all, just more common then a fox is, atleast round here... i have the only clean fox around here... that kinda sucks....idk... i just like to be diff. i work w. a few camaro guys... i went stang... my fam is a chevy fam... im rockin a ford... most ppl rock flows... im gonna rock slps... idk man... i want my stang to be a lil diff... nothing agenst what you have at all, i think your car looks bad ***, and im sure the flows sound nice as hell... dont get me wrong... i hvae no prob w. flows whatsoever...i just think there too common... and i personally like to have something a little bit differant that stands out from the rest.....
Old 10-26-2006, 03:28 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

there is no way that is true, b/c when I drive my car people dont look at it disgusted and say, "God another stupid Mustang driver with Flows!" while they shake their head...
LOL! How do you know though? Did you ask?

Quick Reply: about my Exhaust