5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

NEED BLEEDING HELP! (mustang hottie)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:43 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Default NEED BLEEDING HELP! (mustang hottie)

I need some help with my 92 ranger, and ranger forums are DEAD. Can anyone answer any of these questions? It would be a huge help, because i am parking my car for the winter and i need to get this truck running!

i bled the system numerous times, and still cant get clutch pressure. it has a brand new clutch, slave and master cylinders.

1) I disconnected the fluid line giong to the trans. If i pump the pedel, fluid comes out. This should mean the master cylinder is ok.... correct?

2) How can i tell if the slave cylinder is bad?

3) Ive heard that you need to pump the pedel 500+ times to get pressure. Is this true?

PLEASE ANY HELP IS APPRICIATED.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
86fordtbird5.0

Default RE: MUSTANG HOTTIE!!!!

my sisters boyfriend has a ranger, and it dont have much clutch pressure, but it drives and shifts fine...this probly dont help you...lol
Old 10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Where's the hottie???? [:@]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:44 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

take a small bottle of brake fluid open the cap and poke a small hole in the tamper seal, turn the bottle upside down and sit it in the reservoir (now you dont have to keep filling it.

the best way to bleed a hydraulic system is with two people. the mistake many people make is they just bleed from the screw and think nothing of what is still in the slave cylinder.

have the person in the car pump up the pedal, while you are under the car. after that pump it a few timesand are holding the pedal down, slowly loosen the bleeder and press the pin back into the slave cylinder. then tighten the bleeder back up. have the other person pump the pedal more and make sure the pin lines back up with the clutch fork, or the slave cylinder will explode out onto you. repeat this process until you see the clutch fork getting moved by the slave cylinder and have adequate pedal pressure.

this is exactly what i had to do with my old probe... all 5 times i swapped the tranny
Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

im glad ive found someone who has had a similar problem. dont get freeked out if i treat you like a god from now on! im not sure what you mean by "pin". there is a bleeder, its actually a 7/16" nut. when i open it, the fluid dribbles out. ive heard that you want a stream of pressure. i used this method below.. what do you think about it?

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...21.jsp#hd1-1-2

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

take a small bottle of brake fluid open the cap and poke a small hole in the tamper seal, turn the bottle upside down and sit it in the reservoir (now you dont have to keep filling it.

the best way to bleed a hydraulic system is with two people. the mistake many people make is they just bleed from the screw and think nothing of what is still in the slave cylinder.

have the person in the car pump up the pedal, while you are under the car. after that pump it a few timesand are holding the pedal down, slowly loosen the bleeder and press the pin back into the slave cylinder. then tighten the bleeder back up. have the other person pump the pedal more and make sure the pin lines back up with the clutch fork, or the slave cylinder will explode out onto you. repeat this process until you see the clutch fork getting moved by the slave cylinder and have adequate pedal pressure.

this is exactly what i had to do with my old probe... all 5 times i swapped the tranny
Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ok. i was assuming that you had an external slave cylinder... not an internal one.... you might want to pick up a vaccuum bleeder from autozone, they work great, and you can do it alone
Old 10-26-2006, 11:41 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

good idea. any idea how they work and how much they are?

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ok. i was assuming that you had an external slave cylinder... not an internal one.... you might want to pick up a vaccuum bleeder from autozone, they work great, and you can do it alone
Old 10-27-2006, 12:25 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

ADDER i know your online!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:02 AM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

10 dollars at the dollar store
true story
Old 10-27-2006, 02:19 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

This method of getting people to help still sucks. Seriously. Cut it the hell out[:@]

Quick Reply: NEED BLEEDING HELP! (mustang hottie)