5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How "Fast" Is My Car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How "Fast" Is My Car?

ORIGINAL: flyinghigh2k8

Dude I would have never let a machanic work on my car if he can't tell a 5.0 from a v6 with a glance. You better hope it's a gt or else thats gunna suck. How duz it feel on power? and what year is the body of your car? Duz it lope like u got a performance cam??????
lolllllllll. its a v8 5.0. the mechanic knows what hes doing. very trusted best in town etc etc. so its a 93 GT then. For power it feels great. acceleration is incredible. its a 1965 and feels pretty light. i barely have to hit the gas for it to go. i have to keep it under 60 now thought till i get a new tranny
Old 10-29-2006, 06:47 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

So..... have you ever owned a car before or do u know the first thing about cars. Tell me u are ****in kidding when u said u "think" it was a gt. Not to be mean cuz I aint a car mechanic or nuthin but how the **** is anyone gunna know what the hell u are talkin about??????
Easy there, Newbie. Tone down the charm a bit.

The best way to get some idea of what's inside the motor is to dyno the thing. Obviously, it won't tell you brand names, but it will give some clue as to what, if anything, has been done.
ya im def gonna dyno it, but for now thought id jsut ask here for very rough estimates. sorry guys lol
Old 10-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LoganCL

So..... have you ever owned a car before or do u know the first thing about cars. Tell me u are ****in kidding when u said u "think" it was a gt. Not to be mean cuz I aint a car mechanic or nuthin but how the **** is anyone gunna know what the hell u are talkin about??????

The best way to get some idea of what's inside the motor is to dyno the thing. Obviously, it won't tell you brand names, but it will give some clue as to what, if anything, has been done.
ya im def gonna dyno it, but for now thought id jsut ask here for very rough estimates. sorry guys lol
LOL. No sweat. Wish we could give you some better info, it's just difficult without details. By the way, welcome to the forum.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
flyinghigh2k8
2nd Gear Member

Well I give you props on the looks..which is badass. I have no clue about weight and **** from that old of stangs. Just curious but why did you decide to put a stock 93 engine in there. Why not upgrade to sumthin a little bigger.

No i dea what you'd be runnin but hell who cares, its a cool lookin car. U know what kinda exhaust is on it?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LoganCL

LOL. No sweat. Wish we could give you some better info, it's just difficult without details. By the way, welcome to the forum.
lol kk... then what do u guys think i should do for mods? i think thats an easier question to answer right? lol
Old 10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

it will go 83 mph.

No im kiddin
Old 10-29-2006, 07:00 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

Well I give you props on the looks..which is badass. I have no clue about weight and **** from that old of stangs. Just curious but why did you decide to put a stock 93 engine in there. Why not upgrade to sumthin a little bigger.

No i dea what you'd be runnin but hell who cares, its a cool lookin car. U know what kinda exhaust is on it?
well i wanted to just be a crate engine... but we were tight on money and luckily found this donor car (got the trans and engine and some other stuff from it). one day il just buy a new engine but for now this is wut i got. for the exhaust....new headers.... dual exhaust... im guessing they did magnaflow or flowmasters or something... sorry i only know so much lol
Old 10-29-2006, 07:04 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

i duno if this helps at all but heres some pics of my pipes

Old 10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Bwebb Stang
2nd Gear Member

mods hmmmmm. I would upgrade my ignition system with msd. distributor coils that whole thing. then i would get gears. rear end gears that is. they do a hell of a lot and are relatively inexpensive
Old 10-29-2006, 07:11 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bwebb Stang

mods hmmmmm. I would upgrade my ignition system with msd. distributor coils that whole thing. then i would get gears. rear end gears that is. they do a hell of a lot and are relatively inexpensive
rear end gears? that still relevent to an automatic (once i get the new tranny lol)?

Quick Reply: How "Fast" Is My Car?