5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

typhoon/gt40

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:39 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: typhoon/gt40

before you buy a spacer, put some clay on the top corner of the intake and carefully close the hood on it, then open the hood and see how thick the clay is where it mashed it down. this will tell you what type of clearance you have now and whether or not you have room for any spacer at all. before I put solid motor mounts on my '88, the intake would just touch the underside of the hood mat under a torque load, so I know I don't have room for any spacer under my stock hood.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

see what retirement does for ya!!! Makes you think of great ideas. Good idea Roundman.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:15 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

old age and experience beats youth and enthusiasm everytime![sm=thanx.gif]
ever see a hood where the air cleaner mounting stud in the carburetor poked a hole through the hood first time it was closed? ha, ha
Old 08-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

LOL Nope!! But im glad someone has learned from it so i dont have to. You aint old!! Just in 2nd gear!
Old 08-14-2004, 05:17 PM
LOVEMY88GT
I ♥ Acer

Ran into problems today with my mustang. Does anyone know how to tell if you injectors are bad and or plugged up. I mean i did the whole job with the GT-40 Aluminum Intake Manifold. Now i am done and having black smoke coming from the back tail-pipes and it just feels like it is missing with the fuel. I know it is just a fuel problem of some kind i just want to know if you guys might have had any kinds of problems and maybe you could help me out on this. I took it out on my street and it had lots of power but seeming to be too much and it just seems to be running way too rich. (Black Smoke, Touchy on the gas, running rough) Just feels like some of the injectors maybe are just drippin out instead of sprayin. If you guys maybe know of something that would be great. I mean I put all new o rings on the injectors and such. Like is there a way you can usually tell if your injectors are clogged. I took it out and it just wants you to constantly have your foot near the gas and give it a pump as i was backin up and then i went down the road and it just had tons of power but it was really rough and not clear. So it feels like the injectors are just spitting instead of spraying. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

~Nick
Old 08-15-2004, 12:57 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Have you tried resetting the ECU by disonnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes and letting it learn new running conditions?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:04 AM
firedawg

does the typhoon intake fit with the stock fuel rail?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:38 AM
LOVEMY88GT
I ♥ Acer

Well i found out what it was it was a vaccumm line that went to the computer. So it was givin too rich of a mixture for fuel. DEF!! GET THE GT-40 ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLD it really give you a power you can feel. Also when you get in the higher rpms you got alot more power. It is really nice lookin and it gives you great power. I would def buy it if i was someone that did not have it.

Peace

Nick