5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

h/c/i ...which do u install first?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: h/c/i ...which do u install first?

^ sounds like you got some serious plans ahead....Shes gonna be one mean machine, especially with that kb....yummy

And i'll definatly let you know, i have noone around that i know thats into cars ( well mustangs ) and your not all that far away. I wanna make a trip up to tha track you told me about in the spring too.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:33 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

yea my car will still be stock in the spring most likly, but the motor i plan on building is a fully forged 347 9:1 comp. prolly afr's not sure what ones stage 2 tfs cam, and a kb with a custom intercooler, looking for like 500 or so whp before the kb..... i have access to the machine shop for the project so i buy cheaper parts and make then better (port them, extra forging, able to cryogen them this motor should be hard to break, i'll prolly end up putting more than 5 in to it for part... if i payed for someone to build it, i'm guessing it would prolly be around 40-50k after all the machining and forging etc. but that all gets done for free gotta love having hook ups
Old 11-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Oh yea, hookups are the best. Pretty damn lucky you have access to all those things, and have the knowledge to do it yourself. Knowledge is a huge money saver.

I hate it when people would rather pay other people to do things for them, unless its totally outa this world.

My g/f's sisters boyfriend is such a ****** little rich boy, his g/f got a flat tire and he didnt know how to change it and someone said something to him about it and he commented back " why do i have to know how to do it if i can just pay someone to do it" whata effin queer, i wanna kick his *** just for the fun of it.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

lol i know what you mean, what kinda queer can't change a tire? even my sister can change her tire, hell she can changer her oil with out help too not that she does it but she can, and when i pull the 48 hours straigh on the stang if she don't have school shes right there next to me most of the time learning i wouldn't be surprised if she could tear my entire interior out almost as fast i can lol... i don't know how to use the machines yet, but thats class is going to be taken before i have my high performance engines class

and sorry flyinghigh2k8 for stealing the thread not that you care cuz your offline any way but
Old 11-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Yea, schooling is good. I was looking at wyotech, but its pricey, and the only location i liked was florida, so i still donno about that. And thats pretty damn cool about your sister knowing those things. Any extra knowledge is good, it'll help you out in the future. Even if you dont use it for year, its still back there waiting to be used.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:53 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

flyhi, you might want to consider the trick flow kit for about $2100, you get h/c/i roller timing gearset/ correct length push rods/ roller rockers/ guide plates/gaskets/ tfs valve covers/arp bolts. when your mechanic has all the parts at one time the labor would not be as much + he would have the correct parts that work good together. if he would let you help him you would gather some good understandering of how it all works. i almost forgot , summit racing sells this kit ,probably others too. good luck .
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crazyhorse

flyhi, you might want to consider the trick flow kit for about $2100, you get h/c/i roller timing gearset/ correct length push rods/ roller rockers/ guide plates/gaskets/ tfs valve covers/arp bolts. when your mechanic has all the parts at one time the labor would not be as much + he would have the correct parts that work good together. if he would let you help him you would gather some good understandering of how it all works.
+1, thats a really good kit, and makes really good power for the price.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:59 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

yea college is pricey. my tuition is 1230 every 6 weeks[&:] i think wyotech cost more over all... you should look into coming here if you are serious about going to school for this stuff, the school is great and not that far from where you live, plus i'm about to get an open room in the house that i'll need to fill 230 a month for rent utilities are about 20-35 a month so its not to bad... and student loads are available every which way u look.... if you want i can get some info and mail it to ya
ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

Yea, schooling is good. I was looking at wyotech, but its pricey, and the only location i liked was florida, so i still donno about that. And thats pretty damn cool about your sister knowing those things. Any extra knowledge is good, it'll help you out in the future. Even if you dont use it for year, its still back there waiting to be used.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:00 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

+2 i agree with them, thats what i plan to do get every thing from the kit untill i build the 347
ORIGINAL: crazyhorse

flyhi, you might want to consider the trick flow kit for about $2100, you get h/c/i roller timing gearset/ correct length push rods/ roller rockers/ guide plates/gaskets/ tfs valve covers/arp bolts. when your mechanic has all the parts at one time the labor would not be as much + he would have the correct parts that work good together. if he would let you help him you would gather some good understandering of how it all works.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

yea college is pricey. my tuition is 1230 every 6 weeks[&:] i think wyotech cost more over all... you should look into coming here if you are serious about going to school for this stuff, the school is great and not that far from where you live, plus i'm about to get an open room in the house that i'll need to fill 230 a month for rent utilities are about 20-35 a month so its not to bad... and student loads are available every which way u look.... if you want i can get some info and mail it to ya
ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

Whats the name of the school ? And do you have aim or some instant messanger ? Mine name is in my profile if you do.

Quick Reply: h/c/i ...which do u install first?