5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

my multiple coils idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 PM
brianradomski

Default RE: my multiple coils idea

And with everything I have on my mind this year now i even have "feeling pity and sorrow" for addermk2 and company on my mind!. Uhm a question for you children if these forum topics annoy you so much why do you bother with them?
Old 11-09-2006, 09:06 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

he's just saying you're not doing anything revolutionary, its already been done, and theres a kit for it. so what is your next big idea since this one has already been done
Old 11-09-2006, 10:23 PM
brianradomski

"SO WHAT IS YOUR NEXT BIG IDEA SINCE THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE" so as not to delay supper any further for the likes of my critics My next MOVE is to move on and do it encouraged by the fact that a coil per cylinder has been done so i know that it will successed in my cars. "so whats your next big idea".....such provoking sarcasm. come on this is a forum everone who contributes technical scientific topics should be welcome and encouraged. I'm not feeling welcome and encourage but rather resisted and discouraged.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:30 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

you acted like you wanted to reinvent the wheel when you came in here, and turns out its already been done. thats all im saying. what technical information are you seeking by the way?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

No one is discouraging you from doing your project. You asked for opinions, and you got them. Like I said earlier, welcome to the board, have fun, and let us know how this project goes. Please do not misunderstand, this is a community of sorts, and you will receive positive feedback, as well as negative. It is up to you to decide what information you take from here and apply to your car. I personally would be interested in the idea your contemplating. However, I do not want to go to the expense and work to do what you are proposing if the gains do not justify the means. That does not mean that you will agree with or do what I think. From the way you describe your theory, you are very excited and determined to find a way. So be it, show us how it works, how much of a gain in HP or MPG you can get from the application. Again, only my opinion, if you really want to know about an idea, would you not want all feedback relative, good or bad? I would want to know, maybe someone can bring up a point that I had not thought about. I hope you get my point.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:15 PM
brianradomski

MUCH BETTER........IN FACT PLEASE BELIEVE .............ohhh see this is whats BAD abiout the internet people cant hear each other we're not on the phone cant hear voices (and I and I have just enough hearing loss too) I'm long overdue to get my eyess examined are my glasses prescription is that old that i read wrong???...........so again PLEASE believe that I have suffered from guilt since I posted that last one. But the words did look.............anyway THANK YOU
AT very first I was most certainly BLINDED by the excitement that ..........it isnt understood how exciting it is to think that I can do a trick with my old cars.....so......perhaps my wording was misleading. I could go back and look but that would hurt MAY WE WIPE THIS SLATE CLEAN PLEASE????
NOW THAT I AM CORRECTED this question then please for a starting point: an ignition coil receives 12 volts boosts it up.....a known fact. what kind of voltage will burn a coil out then???
Old 11-09-2006, 11:16 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

uh what IS your idea? [&:]
Old 11-09-2006, 11:59 PM
88blackgt
4th Gear Member

are you asking at what point the coil would fail(voltage-wise)?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 AM
brianradomski

Took along time to reply to THIS most recent one. TOO new yet to this forum i didnt know a second page got started OR how to get to it........till now what timing!
O.K. uhm yes voltage wise what would cause a coil to BURN OUT??? WHAT INCOMING VOLTAGE WILL BURN OUT AN IGNITION COIL..............HOW MANY VOLTS WILL BURN OUT A COIL???
Old 11-11-2006, 12:23 AM
brianradomski

Probabaly this is the end of the topic. Enough of a reality check was realised today friday that: I sincerely believe that adapting the ignition system in each of my vehicles can be done. The issue now is what expense? I'd need rarely used parts that certainly cost a fortune and believe me I do NOT have a fortune! So I'll stop back in now and then to see if anyone else has shared any further with me here but ................I communicated here hoping to find my info. quickly. It didnt happen, I need to cosult with buddies who are engineers /mechanics! So THANK you to those who participated and shared

Quick Reply: my multiple coils idea