5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Frustated and pissed off!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Dull_Machete
1st Gear Member

Default Frustated and pissed off!

so this shop guy said he would install a crate motor in my convertible for 2000 bucks and then i come to him with a the setup that i want and hes says that he has never messed with that type of stuff. and told me to go to this high performance shop (that i already been too) that quoted me 6000 to rebuilt my stock block with a 306 kit. and the thing that pisses me off is that Ive been getting dicked around by these ****ing performance shops everywhere here in seattle for about a month now. Im a electrician and work a lot of ****ing hours and my girlfriend has been on my *** about "her convertible". sorry for the rant.

i am just going to go ahead and order the engine and parts that i want so i can sit there and stare at actual product that i took this 6000 dollar loan for... ill just have to wait and find a mechanic that wont eff me or learn how to bolt together this **** myself!

heres the list of parts im going to buy to rebuild my convertible...

DSS bullet 306 shortblock
oil pump
24lb injectors
Trickflow Track kit
190 fuel pump
FPR
70mm TB
76 C&L MAF
BBK CAI
summit timing chain cover and water pump
aluminum radiator
electric fan
180* thermostat
trans cooler

this is a list compiled of me whoreing these boards and not knowing what the **** i am talking about. if i can get any more suggestions on what to order it will be greatly appreciated!

and would this be a pretty advanced project to bolt together if i got a few books? normally when i look under the hood i look like a monkey trying to **** a football
Old 11-13-2006, 10:44 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Frustated and pissed off!

a chiltons manual will show u every bolt and nut, and all the parts should contain their own torque specs. if you can follow pictured instructions, you'll be alright on your own, maybe with a semi-knowledgable friend. take your time, dont rush it, and get it dyno-tuned once its running.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

also don't be afraid to ask questions on here. most of the time there is at least a few real knowledgeable engine people on here, including me, and we're here to help. posting pictures of your project in progress and pictures of questions is suggested.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:48 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Yeah, do it yourself! Nothing is more rewsrding than hearing that thing fire up for the first time! Get a good manual, buy/rent/borrow some good tools. Dont cut corners and follow the manual and you will be good!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: mattdel

also don't be afraid to ask questions on here. most of the time there is at least a few real knowledgeable engine people on here, including me, and we're here to help. posting pictures of your project in progress and pictures of questions is suggested.
Lil pat on the back there pal!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

Where do you live? IN Seattle or north or south of it? Which city? I live just north in Lynwood area And i know a shop that does a great job for me and wont dick you around and gives a great price too! What makes it all worth it though is they have 2 blues brothers full size statues on top of the garage!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Dull_Machete
1st Gear Member

just moved to Edmonds, from Shelton

ive been talking to the guys at national automotive and Jim Greens on hwy99
Old 11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
lovemygt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dull_Machete

so this shop guy said he would install a crate motor in my convertible for 2000 bucks and then i come to him with a the setup that i want and hes says that he has never messed with that type of stuff. and told me to go to this high performance shop (that i already been too) that quoted me 6000 to rebuilt my stock block with a 306 kit. and the thing that pisses me off is that Ive been getting dicked around by these ****ing performance shops everywhere here in seattle for about a month now. Im a electrician and work a lot of ****ing hours and my girlfriend has been on my *** about "her convertible". sorry for the rant.

i am just going to go ahead and order the engine and parts that i want so i can sit there and stare at actual product that i took this 6000 dollar loan for... ill just have to wait and find a mechanic that wont eff me or learn how to bolt together this **** myself!

heres the list of parts im going to buy to rebuild my convertible...

DSS bullet 306 shortblock
oil pump
24lb injectors
Trickflow Track kit
190 fuel pump
FPR
70mm TB
76 C&L MAF
BBK CAI
summit timing chain cover and water pump
aluminum radiator
electric fan
180* thermostat
trans cooler

this is a list compiled of me whoreing these boards and not knowing what the **** i am talking about. if i can get any more suggestions on what to order it will be greatly appreciated!

and would this be a pretty advanced project to bolt together if i got a few books? normally when i look under the hood i look like a monkey trying to **** a football
lol...man, I think we would get along great. If I lived near you I would bring a 30 pack over to your house and we could try to **** that football together.

Seriously though....its not as bad as it looks. Just take your time and follow the directions.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:00 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

wow..... [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

I used a hayness manual, i haer hayness and chiltons are almost identical. The best way would be to get a ford manual, i hear those are the best and most in depth. Just take you time, and it helps to have someone help you with it, so if you know someone that would help you, that would be good. Especially if that have some "know how" knowledge also, its always good to have something to rely on or fall back to when you get in a jamb.

Quick Reply: Frustated and pissed off!