5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Thinkin ahead.....Suspension....??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default Thinkin ahead.....Suspension....??

So after this HCI and tuning is out of the way i need a suspension, all i ahve now is BBK lowering springs all the way around.

So i plan to get U/L controll arms
New shocks/struts
Subframe connectors
Strut tower brace

U/L controll arms, Whats some good companys to lean towards ?? I want this sucker to hook up
Shocks/strut, also, what companys to lean towards ?
Subframe connectors, i know theres a few in summit, do brands really matter with these ?
Strut tower brace, i need a different one cuz stock doesnt fit over TFS intake. I know which one i need tho.

And should i ditch those bbk's, are will they be fine with the other components ?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinkin ahead.....Suspension....??

Im not familar with BBK springs so I am not going to say that they are bad BUT Im sure that you could find alot better. Eibach, H&R, etc.

Upper/Lower Control Arms: Depends on how much cash you want and if you want them to be adjustable or not. There are a few companies to go with. D&D, UPR, MM, etc. IMO I like to build my suspension from the same company or atleast most of it. For EX: my rear suspension will be all MM and the front from D&D.

Shocks/Struts: Depends on wether you want adjustability for a street/strip car, road race car, etc. A good all around shock/strut setup with adjustability is Strange 10 Ways. I am running them in the rear right now and I really like them, I will also be running them upfront with my coil over setup. Theres also cheap setup's like KYB's, etc. Also Beilstein & Koni have great reputations.

Subframes: Once again, many different companies. I went with MM and have no complaints. Kenny Brown is also a good company to look at but Im not sure if they are still in business? I remember seeing something on their website saying that they were shut down or something, not sure if its perminent or not though.

Not sure if this helped at all but I hope it did.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I'm loving my C springs and summit upper and lower control arms. Just a thought
Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

also get a G load member brace or a k member, these should work well with stiffening up that front suspension
Old 11-16-2006, 12:28 PM
xtremestang94gt
1st Gear Member

if you want a drag car go eibach pro kit drag springs if you want a road course car should get a sportline kit
Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

k members have alot of advantages. Light as hell, clears up tons of room, looks great, alot stronger, etc. I would just get the D&D front end kit. You can get it on ebay brand new for like $500 shipped. Comes with D&D K Member, A Arms and Coil Overs.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xtremestang94gt

if you want a drag car go eibach pro kit drag springs if you want a road course car should get a sportline kit
Running a prokit doesnt make your car a drag car... not even close.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

steeda control arms and eibach springs i like.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

U/L controll arms, i dont wanna spend outrageous amounts, but i want something good and reputable.

Subframes, they didnt seem too expensive anyways, atleast from the ones i've seen in summit, but i'm sure price varies by brand. Hows the installation on these ? Pretty strait forward other than the welding ?

Shocks/struts, i've heard good tings about the strange 10 ways, so thats a brand i'll keep my eye on. I want this car to hook up good, so i'll do a street/strip setup. I hear soft in the front, and firmer in the back is good, am i correct ?

Thanks for the info below, it was helpful, i now have a base to start from and start lookin to see what i need to buy, and get prices. Its not gonna be for awhile, becuas i still have to buy a tuner and wideband to tune it first. And it'll prolly be a few months after that. So i'm thinkin i can have full suspension done by begining of next summer. I just like to get ideas early, so i know exactly what i'm gonna get when the time comes.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

a nice 3 link system would be nice

Quick Reply: Thinkin ahead.....Suspension....??