5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

sigh...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 05:51 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: sigh...

i never said it wasn't a good combo, i'm just referring to the obvious abundance of people that are already running/planning on buying it. wouldn't be much fun to go to a car show and look at every stang having identical upper engine.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:52 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

I will never run that kit, I can get parts way cheaper and build my own setup that will make more power for cheaper!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:03 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

exactly![sm=goodidea.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
Old 11-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Its too expensive for the power it gives you....Theres alot of guys on here with it and only have around 275 rwhp....I did a budget build, and its just about done, and i'm almost positive i'll hit around 290-300 rwhp with the mods in my sig. But i'm not putting tuning into the price, because that has to be done relentlesly.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0

I will never run that kit, I can get parts way cheaper and build my own setup that will make more power for cheaper!

Amen to that !
Old 11-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Braydon619
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

yah thats true. i wish all these new owners would take the time to understand how an internal combustion engine works, maybe then we wouldn't get so many dumb posts.[sm=sigh.gif]
dude i didn't know how one worked until i came here. then the helpful people gave some good sites to look at and now i went from knowing my car was just a 5.0 to know what the block is and how the cam and that stuff works. it takes time to learn
Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

yes it does take time to learn, and thank god, you took the time.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:58 PM
wythors
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88blackgt

ORIGINAL: wythors

This is the internet. If you don't do what everybody else does, you're stupid. Don't you know that everybody should do exactly the same thing to their car that you do to yours? That your opinion is the only thing that matters? I can personally tell you that GT40X heads, an E-cam and Cobra intake is absolutely the BEST combination out there. I know, because that's what I have on my car and I'll e-defend that statement to the e-death.
LOL gt40x heads, e cam, and cobra intake are the BEST combination out there? damn i must have been misinformed. not like theres a HUGE aftermaket or anything.
You have obviously missed my attempt at sarcasm. My point was that there are very few people out there that have any actual first-hand knowledge of any combination of anything other than what they have on their own cars. I can't tell you what the "best" combo is, all I can do is tell you that I like the way my car performs. If you ask my opinion of GT40X heads, I can tell you that they give a very noticable improvement over stock. If you ask my opinion on the E-303 cam, I can tell you that it has a moderately lumpy idle with great mid-range power. If you ask me about my Cobra intake, I can tell you that the Chinese-manufactured piece has very poor quality, but performs great. My combo is all Ford because that's what I wanted to do and I like the results just fine.

Unlike a lot of internet "experts", I will offer opinions about what I know about. I won't spew recycled tripe gleaned from other posters, most of whom are kids that have been driving for less than five years.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:11 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

I dont run any type of fuel injection but i know guys who do and have the trickflow kit and like it but Its like they say you get what u pay for
Old 11-18-2006, 11:00 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

The whole idea behind the kits are to take the guess work out putting together a kit for individual who doesn't know how to spec out a cam, or figure what head an intake will compliment each other....You can't bash somebody for wanting to work on their cars. Just be glad that most mustang owners want to turn wrenchs and keep a aftermarket open for a large variety for those who like to pick and choose. Don't hate the players...hate the game

Quick Reply: sigh...