5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

De-Carbonizing

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default De-Carbonizing

okay so i see alot of seafoam threads lately, and i use it as a penetrating oil, not a de-carbonizer, although the can says it will do that. I've also seen a tech buddy of mine that works at my local Firestone garage, they have a specific kit they use, $40 a bottle, same method, through the booster line, and that stuff worked like you wouldn't believe. i watched him slowly dump it into the vac line, it took about 30 mins to do, to avoid hydro lock, but when he was done, the WHOLE lot, and i'm talking shopping plaza size parking lot, was smoked out. he froze traffic for 2 minutes, too much smoke, and this was on a 2001 E350 van. seems to me that seafoam isn't the best, but it does work. any idea's on something in the middle that i can go run up to autozone right now and get?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: De-Carbonizing

Seafoam will work just fine, the amount of smoke has to do with the carbon build up, i did it on my mustang and there was bareley any, and when we did it on my buddies integra there was a ton