Notices
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

paint?

Old 11-22-2006, 12:52 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: paint?

You both are RIGHT............I mean WRONG!

Yea flames a bit cheesy (or rice) but they have been around for 50 years.............

Dark rims or hubs are the same...........people use to paint the hubs the same color as the car so no one is really RICE here.........

lay down your swords!.....................whale tails and fart cans are rice!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:54 AM
foxontheprowl
2nd Gear Member

ok ok ok....thats enough arguing amongst ourselves.....there's real rice out there to beat! as for paint, I'm a big fan of fords mineral grey, fox stangs look freakin sweet in that color.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

You MUST be kidding right? This coming from an asswipe who first says that stripes and flames are "rice" ROFL. Thenwhen is called out decides actually yea stripes arent rice but flames still are and tries to dog on another stang. THEN decides actually no neither stripes OR flames are rice but then goes ahead and dogs on another dudes stang who didnt say anything except +1. What a piece of work you are! [sm=bangbang.gif][sm=exactly.gif]
Old 11-22-2006, 03:14 AM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

dude chill out they aren't rice alright there redneckish or....... oakey rather, if you don't know what these words represent look it up in the dictionary you'll find them located right next to a picture of your car.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:51 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

It's a very long story, but I'll summaraize:

January 04, time for a new car... must be a 'vert (live in So Cal), have "some" power (V8), AOD tranny (long commute), and a back seat (I have two kids). Mustang GT is the obvious choice... besides, why pay an extra 10 grand for a Cobra? (who needs THAT much power, ha ha)... until the day a Saleen GT blew my doors off going down the freeway a few months later.

1.7L Kenne Bell @ 10 psi gave me 140# torque across the entire band, now I'm beating Sock Z06's and Cobras, cool! But wait, I'm a mechanical engineer, and I think "no way Ford put enough strength in the stock GT drivetrain to handle this much power". I go back to the shop and say, "Lets take this puppy apart ONE time and do EVERYTHING, except Nitous." Over the course of the next year, they screwed me out of $30,000 and in the end I had a detonated motor that they blew on their dyno, and blamed on me. 150 hrs on the motor, and copper showing on the main bearings, the rings were sharp enough to shave with, oil spitting out the tailpipe, etc.

Found a much more reputable shop and tuner (they've actually done a few cars for the "Overhaulin" TV show), started over. Kept the same blower (to save $$), which locked me into staying with 2v heads. When done, it made 400rwhp. A few weeks later, flashing "Check Engine" light. I had two stuck valves on the driver's side.... engine has to come out to inspect both heads (heads were ported and assembled elsewhere). Sucks to be me!

Start over, switch to 4v heads. Simply put, the 2v heads are some of Ford's worst-ever engineering, while the 4v heads are some of Ford's best-ever engineering. All else being equal, there is over a 100hp difference. I figure I'm way too far into this project to give up (this is now my mid-life crisis car), I already had Cobra internals in my short-block, and I found a guy to sell me the rest of the parts for the Cobra conversion for $4k (ported heads, stock cams).

Project will be complete in "two weeks"... ha, ha

[IMG]local://upfiles/12498/1919DFAC893547FCAD1A0083739CE007.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

^
so sick dude.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Its OK philthy... I like your car. I actually like it so much I am going to replicate it! Hope I never see you on the street, that would be wierd [&:]
Old 11-22-2006, 05:11 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

not crazy about anything carbon fiber... just me, but if you like it, go for it, if you think that $7k paint job will be worth fighting off scratches and such....[&:] to keep it mint...
Old 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

+1 I would never spend that much $$ on a street car paint job (unless I was loaded which I am not). And I honestly am not too fond of carbon fiber look.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

you can't do that 88 i have it copyright protected.but if you do are you gonna be 88redgt?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: paint?

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.