5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

questions about charging my stang.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:29 AM
steve75
2nd Gear Member

Default questions about charging my stang.

powerdyne seems to be about perfect for me. I know their not the best and i dont care. i would like to know how much horse im going to gain out of the 6lb unit on a stock engine. its only 6lbs so do i need to upgrade anything like plugs , fuel pump, injectors, tune ect? [/size]
Old 11-24-2006, 01:50 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: questions about charging my stang.

stay away from powerdyne units.... do a search for them on here... you will find more horror stories than sucess stories
Old 11-24-2006, 02:35 AM
steve75
2nd Gear Member

bump
Old 11-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

he didnt say he already knew that and didnt care or nothin
Old 11-24-2006, 02:58 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

well since ONCE AGAIN.... nobody knows how to use the search function... ill do all the work for you

Powerdyne Horror Story by SSKILLER

You can buy a used paxton novi1000 for less money and get a better unit....or even a used vortech setup.... vortech also will rebuild the headunit for a few bones if you send it to them!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:16 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

well changed my mind.....

ill get the novi 1000 now............
Old 11-24-2006, 11:24 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steve75

powerdyne seems to be about perfect for me. I know their not the best and i dont care. i would like to know how much horse im going to gain out of the 6lb unit on a stock engine. its only 6lbs so do i need to upgrade anything like plugs , fuel pump, injectors, tune ect? [/size]
Not the best? Talk about a huge understatement. Why exactly is it about perfect for you? It is because of the price? Because if you are only concerned with price, then maybe supercharging isn't for you. And you can find much better kits for comparable prices. If you're worreid about tapping the oil pan, then get a procharger kit. HP isn't cheap. And if you try to take the cheap / easy way out you will end up paying for it in the end.

Normally I take company complaints with a grain of salt. But when 99% of the stories you hear about a company are bad, then there has to be something to it.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:41 PM
steve75
2nd Gear Member

its an easy bolt on and i dont have to tap the oil pan. i also want to stay around 6lbs of boost. i dont really want to change out allot of other parts. im going to drop a 03 cobra motor and tranny in it after i get my house and shop built. but thats 1 to 1and 1/2 years away. the car im moding is an 93 cobra so i really dont want to go hog wild on the motor for i will be keeping the motor and tranny for resale. god forbid that ever happens. i know horsepower cost ive owned a 01 lightning and a 03 cobra and i moded the hell out of both. i dont know allot about theses types of chargers. so if i can get a better charger for a hair more that still keep my goal inplace. I willing to listen. i will tap the oil pan if i have to. i also understand i will have to change plugs and fuel pump. thats fine. but i want to keep it as basic as possible.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:06 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

[sm=nono.gif] sounds like you need to do some serious research, you'd be better off putting n2o in my opinion
Old 11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steve75

are you serious right now? buying powerdyne is like buying mitsubishi 15 years ago. yea they have some enticing deals, but you are gonna end up spending more money in the next year than you spent on the unit. if you want to have problems up the *** hole go powerdyne. if you don't....stay away.

Quick Reply: questions about charging my stang.