5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Cam/Install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
5.0FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

Default Cam/Install?

Hey everybody. Jeez I haven't been on here in awhile. Well I'm back now...with the mod bug again I doubt anyone would remember me, but I haven't done much to my car. I've put 4.10 gears in, pretty much all of the intake (70mm tb, maf, cai, trickflow intake) and I also hooked up some Juice (Best mod EVER!) I want to put a cam in, even though I know everyone will tell me a cam is ~pretty much~ useless without heads. Well I plan on getting heads eventually...but I Really want a cam now. (Besides...every hp counts right?)

My QUESTION is: What cam should I go for? Or at least what are the specs I should use to get the most out of it? Remember I do have Nitrous...
Any help would be great! Also..what would it take to get the cam installed? Whether it will be me doing it or me paying someone to do it.

Thanks guys!!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 PM
lorquettimothy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cam/Install?

definitely do it yourself, there is alot to it but do some research and it will be fine. now i bought a lunati cam and i like it alot, but your using the juice so your will need a cam ground that will work most efficeintly with the nitrous. Your gonna need to spend some time with a tech to find out exactly what your limitations will be. but keep in mind the size of the valves in the head restrict you too. the pistons only have reliefs for 1.90 intake valves. if you have stock pistons
Old 11-27-2006, 03:29 AM
5.0FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cam/Install?

I know the best way would be to get a custom ground cam...but I'd rather just buy like...a trickflow cam or something that would work well for now. And how much would you say it would cost to have someone put a cam in for me?