MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Hey, tryin' to decide whether to part out. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/211093-hey-tryin-to-decide-whether-to-part-out.html)

jrt1990 11-27-2006 09:43 PM

Hey, tryin' to decide whether to part out.

Hey, I have a 1989 Mustang 5.0 with a little over 150,000 miles on it. (It's the one in the pic) I'm starting to get sick of thinking of the costs of fixing the body on it and would like to know if I could at least make $600 if I parted it out to people on here or eBay. I've never seen a car like this as it has such a bad body yet it runs perfectly. The previous owner used it as an all around daily driver (snow). He was just an older guy and obviously didn't care for the car's body as much as he did for it to run. So just let me know, and maybe I can start parting it out. Thanks.

88blk5.0 11-27-2006 10:07 PM

RE: Hey, tryin' to decide whether to part out.

buy another fox with a good body and a bad drivetrain and swap all of the parts into one of them.

:D

jrt1990 11-27-2006 10:11 PM

Ya well I just found a really good deal on a Mustang and now I have this car sitting here and I need about $600 for this new one. I do know a thing or too about engines and such but since school started, I will have no time. The old lady told me she'd give me $600 if I could pay her back within the next month or so. So like I said, let me know anybody.

88blk5.0 11-27-2006 10:36 PM

Oh I see,
Well you could easily get 6bills for the drivetrain if everthing is intact and you have the time and a place to part everything out!(esp from somebody looking to do a 5L swap).. up here in canada anyway [sm=smiley20.gif]
Hows the interior?
Rims/tires?

mattdel 11-27-2006 10:39 PM

what kinda condition are the taillights in? if they're good i'll give ya $50 plus shipping

jrt1990 11-27-2006 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 88blk5.0

Oh I see,
Well you could easily get 6bills for the drivetrain if everthing is intact and you have the time and a place to part everything out!(esp from somebody looking to do a 5L swap).. up here in canada anyway [sm=smiley20.gif]
Hows the interior?
Rims/tires?

You really think so? Because I don't see anything wrong with it. And everything is in perfect running order. The interior is also very good, that was one of the only reasons I bought the car, the body was bad but the interiors nearly perfect. The rims are average, they look like they've seen a lot of snow and there pretty faded. And you don't want the tires, trust me, front ends all out of alignment so there worn in all the wrong ways lol.

ORIGINAL: mattdel

what kinda condition are the taillights in? if they're good i'll give ya $50 plus shipping
I might have to take you up on that offer because I think they're in pretty decent shape, I'll have to check though. Right now I'm no where near the car to check.

wildsurfer92 11-27-2006 10:49 PM

where are you located...would you sell the car as a whole for 600?

SteveSkal 11-27-2006 10:57 PM

Dude, if you parted that out you would be surprised how much you could make, $600 is EASY. There are so many good usable parts if you had the time to nickel and dime and seel each part individually. You could probably get close to $1500 if you had the time.

jrt1990 11-27-2006 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: wildsurfer92

where are you located...would you sell the car as a whole for 600?
I don't know, it seems like I can make some pretty good money parting it all out, besides, I don't want anyone to make the same mistake that I did. But I'm just south of Madison Wisconsin if you really think you'd want it.

ORIGINAL: SteveSkal

Dude, if you parted that out you would be surprised how much you could make, $600 is EASY. There are so many good usable parts if you had the time to nickel and dime and sell each part individually. You could probably get close to $1500 if you had the time.
You really think so? Because I only paid $800 for the car as it is.

jrt1990 11-27-2006 11:52 PM

Oh by the way, I only ever did three burnouts in the car and that was when I just got it. Just in case you were wondering because of the picture below...